DIAD on lunch...

2hoursover

This should be implemented nationwide!! This will stop the lunch runner , bonus babies , hedge hoppers, cheaters!!
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1440453424.169011.jpg

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This is old news for our California members.

I would not have a problem with this just as long as we are able to set our own meal times. I don't need to be told when to take my meal and then not allowed to work during their meal time.

Just curious, how does this work for split lunches, i.e., take 30 minutes now and the rest later?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
This is old news for our California members.

I would not have a problem with this just as long as we are able to set our own meal times. I don't need to be told when to take my meal and then not allowed to work during their meal time.

Just curious, how does this work for split lunches, i.e., take 30 minutes now and the rest later?
Aka. I have no problem with this as long as I'm allowed to do it the way I do it now. Lol

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

Report about skippers
In my local the labor manager is sending them to the center manager I get them from him but drivers don't like listening.....they say they can't ....in my local you have to take an hour between 12-3

AKCoverMan

That's great. Needs to be NationWide
Why oh why do other divers want to force me to sit for sixty minutes off the clock. Today is perfect example I will be done and off by 1745. If I took an hour lunch on this route nothing would be different except I would be off at 1845. I want that hour for me.

I get off late enough as it is far too many days. Thank god my supplement gives us the RIGHT to an unpaid meal break rather that FORCING me to take one I don't want or need.

wayfair

swollen member
Why oh why do other divers want to force me to sit for sixty minutes off the clock. Today is perfect example I will be done and off by 1745. If I took an hour lunch on this route nothing would be different except I would be off at 1845. I want that hour for me.

I get off late enough as it is far too many days. Thank god my supplement gives us the RIGHT to an unpaid meal break rather that FORCING me to take one I don't want or need.

you knew the hours when you took the job

question is " why did you take the job?"

margaritaville

I didn't take a lunch and as i was punching out it said, "lunch time in board y/n." I clicked "n" because i didnt want to get in trouble for dishonesty and left. I could of clicked "y" and sat in the building for 30min but :censored2: that ill just see if i get in trouble tomorrow.

I think lunch is cool if you have your own route but if you are a cut driver it can be annoying that you are forced to have no free time. I don't care about bonusing and try not to :censored2: up other drivers routes. But i will probably be over allowed on their route anyways since i have to look stuff up. So i just end up scratching instead of bonusing by skipping lunch. And if a driver has a cake route, i just take a lunch. I just wanna be done at 6 every night, i dont care about bonus, getting paid or not. I just want a social life/time to relax.

Bottom rung

So...now you skipped lunch and got done early. Now when the company wants to give you more work, they know you'll skip lunch to get back to the building on time. Think it's late now...wait until they load you up. It'll happen, just give it time.

UPSGUY72

Different states have different laws. In mass a company need to give a employees who works over 6 hours a 1/2 unpaid lunch. The law says nothing about having to take it.

Some people just need to mind there own business. It one thing to put 1 hour in your board and work that hour. It another thing to put 5 minutes in your board and take a 5 minute lunch. The cal DIAD lockout had to due with people working during there lunch and not getting paid. People complained and said the company was making them put in a 1 hour lunch but still have to work during for free.

UPSGUY72

So...now you skipped lunch and got done early. Now when the company wants to give you more work, they know you'll skip lunch to get back to the building on time. Think it's late now...wait until they load you up. It'll happen, just give it time.

As long as your getting paid for the hours you work what your problem. If your putting a 1 hour lunch in your board and working during that time your an idiot. If your only putting what you actually take for lunch there shouldn't be a issue.