DIAD on lunch...

wayfair

swollen member
As long as your getting paid for the hours you work what your problem. If your putting a 1 hour lunch in your board and working during that time your an idiot. If your only putting what you actually take for lunch there shouldn't be a issue.
the Union got the 1 hour lunch added, are you not a member?

StopTheAct

I know alot of you guys are against lunch skippers, but some of us dont care and just want to go home to our family's... we make enough money. Time is more important... btw i dont skip lunch everyday.. but somedays, i just wanna be home.. and please no negative comments, i dont wanna hear that shiiiiit..

wayfair

swollen member
I know alot of you guys are against lunch skippers, but some of us dont care and just want to go home to our family's... we make enough money. Time is more important... btw i dont skip lunch everyday.. but somedays, i just wanna be home.. and please no negative comments, i dont wanna hear that shiiiiit..

go article 22.3, they don't like overtime on those hours

UPSGUY72

the Union got the 1 hour lunch added, are you not a member?

I get paid for every minute I work. I don't see a problem. Most days I'm still getting paid while I drive home... I don't drag my feet or run around like an idiot. I plan my day before I leave the building and them run the plan. If I take and hour lunch I put it in the board if I take 5 minute I put that in the board.

StopTheAct

I just hate those punk employees that say, your giving them money....im tired of those fools that say that.. lol... i do get a nice check every week...

Bottom rung

As long as your getting paid for the hours you work what your problem. If your putting a 1 hour lunch in your board and working during that time your an idiot. If your only putting what you actually take for lunch there shouldn't be a issue.
What I was saying is that since his on car knows he'll work all day with no break. He'll load him up. Just telling him that he should enjoy the good times like this while they last. They ended in my building years ago. They (night sups) would just add our lunch to our timecard. It was awesome while it lasted. Then the dispatch got heavier and heavier. Now lunch is mandatory.

UPSGUY72

What I was saying is that since his on car knows he'll work all day with no break. He'll load him up. Just telling him that he should enjoy the good times like this while they last. They ended in my building years ago. They (night sups) would just add our lunch to our timecard. It was awesome while it lasted. Then the dispatch got heavier and heavier. Now lunch is mandatory.

That doesn't work anymore ORION tell you/ them how much time the route should take, they can't change those numbers. Those numbers are based on stops/ number of packages, distance and Air packages that are on the car. Not taking your lunch and not putting it in the board doesn't effect those numbers either if you beat those number good job if you don't oh well. Just because you beat those numbers doesn't mean they can put more stops on your car tomorrow and have Orion tell you it's needs to get done in the same time. IT DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY ANYMORE. I run pretty close to the paid hrs Orion says I should everyday and I usually put 5 min in for lunch and take 5 minutes for lunch.

Indecisi0n

That doesn't work anymore ORION tell you/ them how much time the route should take, they can't change those numbers. Those numbers are based on stops/ number of packages, distance and Air packages that are on the car. Not taking your lunch and not putting it in the board doesn't effect those numbers either if you beat those number good job if you don't oh well. Just because you beat those numbers doesn't mean they can put more stops on your car tomorrow and have Orion tell you it's needs to get done in the same time. IT DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY ANYMORE. I run pretty close to the paid hrs Orion says I should everyday and I usually put 5 min in for lunch and take 5 minutes for lunch.
What the hell is a 5 minute lunch?

CoolArrow

Our center requires you take and record an entire hour before you punch out skipping not allowed. It's the coming trend so enjoy getting home early and getting paid for the portion of lunch you skipped while you can because it will end.

MendozaJ

It's not uncommon to have customers come up to the truck for their packages during lunch. We always oblige since saying no is simply unprofessional. I don't think my hub could ever lock out diads just for that reason. Then you would hear about the rude UPS guy that wouldn't help a customer because he was eating a sandwich.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It's not uncommon to have customers come up to the truck for their packages during lunch. We always oblige since saying no is simply unprofessional. I don't think my hub could ever lock out diads just for that reason. Then you would hear about the rude UPS guy that wouldn't help a customer because he was eating a sandwich.

Pull the PAL and sheet it after your lunch is over.

AKCoverMan

you knew the hours when you took the job

question is " why did you take the job?"
Probably same reason you did. Great pay and benifits. I was management in another field before ups and never made close to this kind of money. Been at it ten years now and like my job. A little less in hours 12, 13, and 14. As I tell my friends "it's a great gig, but sometimes it's just too much of a good thing!"

I sometimes like to take a long Resturant lunch break and will use my unpaid hour, but usually I would simply rather have that hour at home in the evening. It seems strange to me how vehemently some people want to crucify me for such blasphemy!

wayfair

swollen member

I had a customer wait on me until I was done with lunch at a restaurant before.

He said it would be rude to interrupt me while I was eating.