DIAD on lunch...

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

Take every lazy way out you can, work slower, pad miles, pad signatures....blah blah blah. The enhancements your employer has paid billions for are geared toward correcting THAT and eliminating the union... Every driver could work till max dot , they wont add routes, just pay grievance money. the writings on the wall..200 stops off season...BUHAHAHA
For you maybe....but not me I take every minute of break and follow every rule with an without sup on the car and if I work more than 9.5 they get a grievence.....after paying 3 9.5 grievences they took the work.......so enjoy your 260 stops a day and I'll enjoy my 130

wayfair

swollen member
Take every lazy way out you can, work slower, pad miles, pad signatures....blah blah blah. The enhancements your employer has paid billions for are geared toward correcting THAT and eliminating the union... Every driver could work till max dot , they wont add routes, just pay grievance money. the writings on the wall..200 stops off season...BUHAHAHA

and triple time OT money.... buhahahaa all the way to the bank

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
For you maybe....but not me I take every minute of break and follow every rule with an without sup on the car and if I work more than 9.5 they get a grievence.....after paying 3 9.5 grievences they took the work.......so enjoy your 260 stops a day and I'll enjoy my 130
yeah,, your all that, you tell the corporation how to do it,..Big time bad arse

wayfair

swollen member
Mine doesn't center doesn't require you take your full lunch they just require you take a lunch be it 5 min or 60 min your choice. Anyways I don't work any time I'm on lunch. If I'm working I 'm getting paid.

so they're breaking the rules of the contract?

The selfishness of the lunch burners is the problem. They see it differently than those who take there lunch and breaks. They get 25 more stops and still burn it up. I get 25 more and the lunch burner comes and gets them instead of getting to go home.

UPSGUY72

The selfishness of the lunch burners is the problem. They see it differently than those who take there lunch and breaks. They get 25 more stops and still burn it up. I get 25 more and the lunch burner comes and gets them instead of getting to go home.

Wrong I don't any more stops and I only put 5 minutes in the board and only take 5 minutes of lunch. Orion figures out how long the route should take if they add 20 more stops in the morning Orion is going say the route is going to take longer to do.

Also if they want to give me 20 more stops half way through the day from some slug that drags there feet so be it that only mean more OT for me and still getting out early then the slug...

Wrong I don't any more stops and I only put 5 minutes in the board and only take 5 minutes of lunch. Orion figures out how long the route should take if they add 20 more stops in the morning Orion is going say the route is going to take longer to do.

Also if they want to give me 20 more stops half way through the day from some slug that drags there feet so be it that only mean more OT for me and still getting out early then the slug...
Why are you worried about what Orion is telling you to do?

Grey

If you take your lunch later in the day (after 1700) just make sure you have stops left afterwards so you're last stop is near the same time regardless of taking lunch between 1-3 or 530+.

Hypothetical situation. You are a cover driver. Today you are covering Johnny lunch burners route. You are dispatched with 187 stops. This rt is a combo. You as a cover driver take your 10 minute break in the morning. You also take you 1 hr lunch between the 4th & 5th hour. You take your 10 min break in the afternoon. You punch out at 844 pm. 11hrs and change. You also bring back about 20 missed business pcs. center manager wants to know why I took my lunch if I knew I would have missed? He says Johnny lunch burner never brings back missed? Not my problem. That's why you take your lunch and breaks everyday. They put these impossible dispatches together hoping they find someone to do them. Johnny lunch burner will do it, but I'm not...

UPSGUY72

Dot law states at least a 1/2 hr lunch must be taken at some point before your 8th hour. You are in violation everyday you take your "5 minute lunch"

Not in violation I fall under the short-haul exception.

Rest breaks. Except for drivers who qualify for either of the short-haul exceptions in § 395.1(e)(1) or (2), driving is not permitted if more than 8 hours have passed since the end of the driver's last off-duty or sleeper-berth period of at least 30 minutes.

Why are you worried about what Orion is telling you to do?

I'm not worried about Orion Orion makes me more money they can't add 20 stops and tell me I need to get them done in the same amount of time that I did 20 less stops in because of Orion more stop more money...

Not in violation I fall under the short-haul exception.

Rest breaks. Except for drivers who qualify for either of the short-haul exceptions in § 395.1(e)(1) or (2), driving is not permitted if more than 8 hours have passed since the end of the driver's last off-duty or sleeper-berth period of at least 30 minutes.

I'm not worried about Orion Orion makes me more money they can't add 20 stops and tell me I need to get them done in the same amount of time that I did 20 less stops in because of Orion more stop more money...
Your special

UPSGUY72

He doesn't care what his supplement says. All he cares about is that he gets home early. Typical lunch burner

I know I'm not in violation of DOT rules like you said I was. I also know that Mass law say employers need to give there employees that work over 6 hours a 1/2 hr unpaid lunch. It says nothing about having to take it.