DIAD software suggestions...... (if anyone is listening)

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by ZQXC, Oct 1, 2014.

1. ZQXC

ZQXC Guest

If you have already initiated a stop by scanning one or more labels, and then scan a label that is assigned to another route (misload), show an alert similar to this:
    This package does not appear in your EDD: Do you want to include this package with this stop? Yes/No
    At the present time the label is accepted by default.

Do not interrupt a stop in progress with any message other than a delivery intercept.
    Lasted edited by : Oct 1, 2014
  2. joeboodog

joeboodog good people drink good beer

They should eliminate all the "forbidden" functions such as "other other" and unscheduled pick up.
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. Self destruct button.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  4. Mr Shifter

Mr Shifter Active Member

Need to be able to dim screen. Too bright at night and on last few stops barely enough juice to make it back to the building during Christmas.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

A way to defer messages when you are in the middle of trying to get a signature and the customer is staring at you.
    • Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. brownmonster

7. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

When you send a DIAD message have the option to make it response required like the OMS can when she sends you a message.
    • Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 3
    • List
  8. AirOnTrace

AirOnTrace Allergic to cardboard.

C'mon now. Those folks are WAY too busy lining up more work for you to respond to your silly message...
  9. aiian

aiian Active Member

I have one request...

I'd like to know about a NO DR stop BEFORE I've thrown it behind a planter, over a fence, etc. not after.

Unscheduled pickups aren't forbidden everywhere.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Guest

Not a software, but hardware change. Move the signature button to different spot on the DIAD . Not where everyone grabs it to sign the board knocking it out of signature mode
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

When delivering a package to an address other than what is on the label, how about, "Would you like to address correct this package?" The info is all there, we should not have to type anything, should all be automatic.
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  12. brownmonster

It's hard to believe driver input is involved with all the changes to each DIAD and the programming.
  13. Dr.Brown

Dr.Brown Swollen Member

PCM the other day, "Don't get caught on home video surveillance throwing a package"

"hand to surface"
  14. PASinterference

PASinterference Yes, I know I'm working late.

On a COD, dont tell me its a cc/money order.....after cl1 or ni1 then ask if its cc/money order!
  15. Bottom rung

Bottom rung Active Member

Same with the package cars. We should get to design their offices.
  16. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

Back when the design team was working on this diad, my center was one that evaluated the 'next generation' diads. I went out with a version that was similar to what we have now, but the software was different. I wrote up 2 pages of critique and suggestions with the version that I used.

I posted about it here and a member of the design team PMd me. Quite a bit of the stuff we all commented on are in the version we are using now.

Is there room for improvement? Yep.

Is this the best diad I have used? Yep.
  17. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

Add a column/indicator "B" for business. Using historical data, any address which previously has been completed as a business two or more times gets a "B" next to the address to help cover guys and drivers new to a route (or getting an add/cut) recognize businesses in residential neighborhoods.
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  18. brownmonster

The biggest issue with 4 besides the shift key was the signature placement. Still in the same spot.
  19. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

That's the worst. Lefties hit it with their knuckles when trying to sign. Right handed folks hit it with their thumb that they're holding the diad with.
  20. cooperjake

cooperjake Member

Exactly....hate it when I've drd and am half way back to truck and customer has grabbed pkg and shut door and I have to tell them "oh I'm supposed to get a signature"..