DIAD software suggestions...... (if anyone is listening)

542thruNthru

Exactly....hate it when I've drd and am half way back to truck and customer has grabbed pkg and shut door and I have to tell them "oh I'm supposed to get a signature"..

If I have handed it to the customer and or see them pick it up and find out after its a no DR spot. I override and MCM.

Mack Grant

When you send a DIAD message have the option to make it response required like the OMS can when she sends you a message.
Amen to that I cannot stand when I need a reply to a msg and don't hear back for 20 minutes!!!
And no I'm not calling them on my phone!

Mack Grant

Back when the design team was working on this diad, my center was one that evaluated the 'next generation' diads. I went out with a version that was similar to what we have now, but the software was different. I wrote up 2 pages of critique and suggestions with the version that I used.

I posted about it here and a member of the design team PMd me. Quite a bit of the stuff we all commented on are in the version we are using now.

Is there room for improvement? Yep.

Is this the best diad I have used? Yep.
No offense buddy but considering the advancements in both hardware and software technology in the last 7-10 years UPS DIADs are behind the curve.
The hardware we have is from the 90's, the software a decade earlier or so it seems.

CharleyHustle

How about for on demand or on call pick ups, when the 20 minute alert comes up the event goes to the top of the EDD list instead of staying at the bottom.

Z

ZQXC

Recently have a over zealous Oms in the office.......she loves the message button 26 blanket messages the other day(stupid crap) WTF?

center manager sent me a message recently that was a feeble attempt at humor. That's fine, but I was extremely busy and he sent it response required. I think I punched every letter on the keypad at least twice (in random order) and then hit send. Got real quiet after that.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
2 SUGGESTIONS

1) I shouldn't have to type in RTS on a returned COD package in the (REASON FOR NO AMOUNT) response. I should be able to hit a key for RTS

2) As drivers on a bid route, we should be able to have an option to type in messages on the diad for certain stops and be saved for future viewing. In 2014, there is no way that there's not enough memory for it. No reason to have to ask someone to put a delivery note in it. Such as (closed for lunch 1-2),(leave at side door near garage),(take right through double door,ring bell for manager). 30 characters and a supervisor review should be available.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I have complaints regarding the software but most of them have been mentioned already. My problem is the buttons themselves. One driver uses the black holster type pouch which has in turn caused the paint on the buttons to rub off. Very few buttons still have paint and yet the center won't send it out to get fixed.

Go figure...

ups1990

It's hard to believe driver input is involved with all the changes to each DIAD and the programming.
My guess it was that driver featured on the Discovery channel in How they do it show, where he had to deliver the lobsters before 1030 wow, how did he ever accomplish this great feat!. Or that hazmat training video where the driver loads these packages with the truck empty and a completely clean slide.

13zipcodes

If you have already initiated a stop by scanning one or more labels, and then scan a label that is assigned to another route (misload), show an alert similar to this:
This package does not appear in your EDD: Do you want to include this package with this stop? Yes/No
At the present time the label is accepted by default.

Do not interrupt a stop in progress with any message other than a delivery intercept.

FedEx Ground/HD scanners do this. Also if you scan a package intended for another stop it asks you if you want to add it to this stop.