Diad training

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You are sheeting the pkg and scanning the delivery/info notice, then pre-recording till you have attempted all the stops in the complex. The you sheet the remaining pre-recorded pkgs as L/A office, which is what will show up online when/if the customer checks online. They will love the fact that YOU took the time to go to the door, knock and leave a notice.

Upstate, the next time you do this "method" take a look at your pkg count before and after all of the excess. Your pkg count will be exactly double what you left at the office, because your NI pkgs will register in your pkg count, as will your L/A pkgs. Try this and see.

OK, now it makes sense. Thanks for spelling it out for me.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
If you NI1 an apartment and stop complete, then take the pkg to the office and scan it again, the DIAD is counting that pkg again. Given a route with many apts with no-one home and you could be accused of inflating your dispatch.

When I am working alone with a DIAD IV, I dont do it that way. I scan the package once, prerecord it, then indirect to the manager.

When I have an untrained helper who is having to override every stop into a 9 yr old piece-of-junk DIAD III, I tell him to go ahead and NI1 and hit stop complete, then rescan again at the managers office. Its simpler and faster for us that way, he gets all jammed up if he tries to prerecord anything. I could care less about any effect this might have on my "planned day"; I'm not making any bonus, and if I happen to get my stuff done early I will simply be sent to take stops off of someone else. At this point, my only concern is delivering as many stops as possible by any means necessary before I run out of DOT hours on Friday.

In any case, as a practical matter it would be impossible for the company to discipline a driver for dishonesty based upon data entry errors made by his helper during peak season.

Well I'm getting better at using the DIAD, can drop off some packages by myself now with the unfolded hand tuck, a bit slow given my size, but I'm getting it done. I do not know how to process a pick up though, I just tell them I'll send my driver to get it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Well I'm getting better at using the DIAD, can drop off some packages by myself now with the unfolded hand tuck, a bit slow given my size, but I'm getting it done. I do not know how to process a pick up though, I just tell them I'll send my driver to get it.

Scheduled pickups will be in the driver's DIAD. If a customer hands you a prepaid package accept it and give it to your driver for him to process. This will save you both time as he won't have to go back to that office.

Scheduled pickups will be in the driver's DIAD. If a customer hands you a prepaid package accept it and give it to your driver for him to process. This will save you both time as he won't have to go back to that office.

I have asked my driver, who have all been cover drivers thus far, but one told me don't worry about it, and the other just shushes me and tells me to concentrate on the drop and getting my work done fast so I'll impress enough to get a permanent position.

AssistantSanta

Me too! I don't know where Upstate learned this method, but it's redundant.

evileace, all you have to do is this. Go to the apt, if person isn't home scan the delivery notice after you have sheeted the pkg, pre-record that stop, do the same until you have attempted all of the stops in the complex, go to office and bring the stops up in pre-record, highlight each stop in pre-record and tag it as LA RES, hit signature enter and have the office sign, stop complete.
Does each apartment get stop completed after InfoNotice? The way I'm instructed, if no response at individual apts, they get left an unscanned InfoNotice, package prerecorded and taken to office, so we're not getting credits for those attempt, I don't think.

why in the world woundnt the management of UPS give drivers helpers training in using the DIAD, instead we fumble around with this thing. I was give in a 2 min crash course by the driver.

Me as well. I'm getting better with it. Hopefully each day I call my Supervisor Less & Less. He has a lot on his Plate. Very Nice guy & very helpful. The man has a lot of patience for sure. But I agree with you that they should have some training before going out there on your own.