DIAD Upgrades

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
Thanks p man i think its great that its automatically taken out . I hate wasting time looking for pkgs not there. I would always call the driver next to me tell him not to look for a pkg and he would do the same for me.

pretzel_man

Thanks p man i think its great that its automatically taken out . I hate wasting time looking for pkgs not there. I would always call the driver next to me tell him not to look for a pkg and he would do the same for me.

Overboard:

I've spend a lot of time talking to drivers this week. They all told me the same thing as you.

Also, with missorts being displayed to the center all day long, its eye opening for the division managers. Hopefully, they will really take on eliminating the missorts all together.

P-Man

TSup

They have turned easy diad screens into everyone needing a masters to not be confused. What was the sense of putting this update into the diad ? We had a delivery screen and we had a pickup screen. Makes no sense to jumble them together !

A task screen is not needed when YOU ARE TAUGHT how to do the job ! I don't need a daily reminder to pretrip. I don't need a daily reminder to write up my DVIR ! I don't need a reminder to pull my lookups/rts/p+h off my car !

It was done because someone has to justify their paycheck and they had the extra room on the diad's hard drive !!!

If MANAGEMENT trains correctly, then this upgrade IS UNNECESSARY !!!:angry:

These upgrades may not be necessary but they are helpful.....
1) Having On Demand and On Route pickups show up in EDD in the proper order is nice. Even better for coverage drivers.
2) The ability of the center to send you pickup information to your DIAD when you cover a pickup for someone, as well as the ability to remove it from the other driver
3) The ability of the center to send you all the package information on a Late Air day so it goes into EDD and you don't have to manually enter it
4) COD alert for Cashiers Check/Money Order is a nice addition
5) Drivers who get EDD to early can be sent the information so they don't blow by that stop

OVERBOARD

The upgrades from my point of view are all good especially when you have airs meets and forget about the air drive by the stop and you know with peak coming there going to be a lot of air meets

pudg00

pudg00
The upgrades: don't care one way or the other. So far I don't feel personally affected by them.

One question: can someone please answer this....

From the EDD view - how do you toggle addresses and businesses?

For ex:

123 Park st.
80 Smith rd.
23 john rd

Then you hit two buttons (one might be alpha)

And wallah you get the businesses instead of addresses, and you can toggle the entire list without going to "details"

Jacks cars
Mikes etc
etc etc
Just hit the Z key.

OVERBOARD

The one thing about misloads there will always be drivers that do nothing and hide them in there load fearful of being told to del the misload.

Pkgrunner

Till I Collapse
Its automatically taken off of the 41 rte. Its put in an exception log for the center to decide how to handle it (do you deliver it, meet a shuttle, etc.)

the same happens if a package is left in the building. Automatically removed from the route.

P-Man

What about misloads from another center? I had one today with a wrong pal on it, and did not have the pkg that that pal was meant for. My missing pkg was not taken out of my Edd, but was the pkg taken out of the edd of the other center's driver?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
P-man, I like the new upgrades. Over-all I think they are good. Once implemented completely, (like Tsup said) this new system will be of great benefit to cover/utility drivers. The diad training leaves alot to be desired and I can see this being a learn on the road thing.:dissapointed:

Sleeve, I am not clearly understanding what you are saying. You can toggle between business addresses and business names without using details?!?!?!?! How?

brownrodster

Also, with missorts being displayed to the center all day long, its eye opening for the division managers. Hopefully, they will really take on eliminating the missorts all together.

Wow. Then what will our center manager and on car sups do all day now? Or will we still need them to shuttle missloads around? It's just that now their bosses will know that they are shuttling missloads around all day.

Pkgrunner

Till I Collapse
I have an observation/question regarding pick up removal...
I had an on route removed from my edd today (the center wanted to practice) and someone else was making the delivery there anyway...

The message I got was not clear as to whether it was adding it to me or taking it from me. Also, it did not give me a choice to accept or refuse. The only option I got was to Accept it.
Is this just a bug, or is it when you get no option but to accept mean that something is being removed?

Brown Rocket

Wow! Just yesterday, I was missing 5 stops and had 3 others that were not mine that I delivered. Basically a normal day here.

We had a driver yesterday with 10 business misloads. No one cares anymore because our new center manager and his buddy the new preload manager are completly ignorant. Morale!? What morale.

Wow. Then what will our center manager and on car sups do all day now? Or will we still need them to shuttle missloads around? It's just that now their bosses will know that they are shuttling missloads around all day.

We successfully got them to stop doing this in our center. I hate it because customers aren't getting their stuff but we've had between 20 and 30 drivers layed off at times (Our record was 32). They could help run misloads, do meet points, sweep pick ups but management wont go for it. So we have 19 to 20 missed pieces everyday.

pretzel_man

What about misloads from another center? I had one today with a wrong pal on it, and did not have the pkg that that pal was meant for. My missing pkg was not taken out of my Edd, but was the pkg taken out of the edd of the other center's driver?

As long as its in the same building, yes, it will come off.

Of course, the key is that the other driver has to find the misload before you get to the stop and start looking for it.

P-Man

pretzel_man

P-man, I like the new upgrades. Over-all I think they are good. Once implemented completely, (like Tsup said) this new system will be of great benefit to cover/utility drivers. The diad training leaves alot to be desired and I can see this being a learn on the road thing.:dissapointed:

Sleeve, I am not clearly understanding what you are saying. You can toggle between business addresses and business names without using details?!?!?!?! How?

Dill,

Did they give you the training that was developed? Look below. If not, then it will unfortunately be a learn as you go thing. Ask your center about the training. It looked good to me...

Also, in order to get your business names, I think the planner has to turn that on in the dispatch system.

For instance, if you deliver a mall they need to put in the conisgnee names in the system and then say to send them to the DIAD. You can then toggle to see them I think.

BTW, think about these upgrades... For the first time, the center can update your DIAD remotely. For intercepts, the update comes directly from the customer and can tell your DIAD to not deliver the package.

I see this as a step to oferring new services where customers can can update their shipment and have it go all the way to a DIAD. Rather than sending text messages to remind you what to do, the update can can be stored in the DIAD.

P-Man

The deployment plan for this upgrade includes two PCM training sessions over two days (PFT/EDD sites recieve both days of training.) The first sessions is about 6 minutes for all centers and the second 3 minutes session is for additional training specific to PFT/EDD centers. Not only are there the training modules in the DIAD for drivers, but there is a training script that goes with the modules that has even more detail on the procedures. These are to be given together for service provider training. The complete training materials are available on the Corp IE I-Gate. Under the DIAD Procedures page within the "DIAD/DCS 08.08 Upgrade" folder. This includes copies of the:
-- Service Provider Training Guide (PCM script)
-- Link to the DIAD training modules for viewing by the center
-- DIAD/DCS 08.08 Management Guide
-- Link to the ODSe 2009 Computer Based Training
-- The Center Upgrade document
-- A management PowerPoint overview presentation of the changes

pretzel_man

I have an observation/question regarding pick up removal...
I had an on route removed from my edd today (the center wanted to practice) and someone else was making the delivery there anyway...

The message I got was not clear as to whether it was adding it to me or taking it from me. Also, it did not give me a choice to accept or refuse. The only option I got was to Accept it.
Is this just a bug, or is it when you get no option but to accept mean that something is being removed?

I think that was a removal. On a removal, there is no choice I think. I think when adding a pickup, there is still a response choice. I asked that question of the corporate people.

When it was removed, it should have come off the pickup log?

P-Man

OVERBOARD

As long as its in the same building, yes, it will come off.

Of course, the key is that the other driver has to find the misload before you get to the stop and start looking for it.

P-Man
And send sends info to center, instead of hiding the misload.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Dill,

Did they give you the training that was developed? Look below. If not, then it will unfortunately be a learn as you go thing. Ask your center about the training. It looked good to me...

Also, in order to get your business names, I think the planner has to turn that on in the dispatch system.

For instance, if you deliver a mall they need to put in the conisgnee names in the system and then say to send them to the DIAD. You can then toggle to see them I think.

BTW, think about these upgrades... For the first time, the center can update your DIAD remotely. For intercepts, the update comes directly from the customer and can tell your DIAD to not deliver the package.

I see this as a step to oferring new services where customers can can update their shipment and have it go all the way to a DIAD. Rather than sending text messages to remind you what to do, the update can can be stored in the DIAD.

P-Man
The ONLY training we got was what was in 'diad training'. :dissapointed:

brownracer

Re: DIAD Upgrades- Pickups

In my view one of the biggest enhancements is the centers' ability to move deliveries and pickups between drivers (using EDD.)

Here is some of the training concerning the options for adding/removing pickups:
With this latest upgrade, the center can move Scheduled Pickups while you’re on-road.
A Scheduled Pickup Update Alert will display when an additional Schedule Pickup stop is being added by the center. By selecting Accept, the pickup will be added. If you’re busy you can select PreRecord to bring up the alert later. To send a message back to the center that you cannot add the pickup, press Override and enter a reason. A Scheduled Pickup Update Alert will display when Scheduled Pickup stop is being removed. By selecting Accept, the pickup will be removed.

The key is that when a delivery or pickup is being added you can either accept, override (with a reason why you can't complete) or prerecord. For a delivery or pickup being removed (when moved to another driver by the center or the pkg has been delivered by another driver) you can either accept or prerecord. There is no reason to override as the driver doesn't have an option. The only reason for the DIAD alert in this case is to give information to the driver to avoid unnecessary travel.

As far as the views in EDD, there are three: 1) the default EDD Manifest view which is in address order, 2) the Commit view that shows the stops according to the highest commit level within the stop, and 3) the Details view that shows the package detail for the stop including the tracking numbers and commit times for each pkg. Additionally the EDD Manifest view can display with the Consignees listed by name in address order. This view displays an individual consignee name entry for each delivery. This can be switched by using the Z key from the EDD manifest screen. It would look like this:
123 Main
ABC Manufacturing
Jeffs Motorcycle
EPI Industires
455 Birch Ave

Where no consignees exist the address will display. When Consignees exist they would be listed by name in address guidance order. To change the view back just toggle the Z key.