Diad V on monday! what to expect

should i worry about using the new diad V?

Of course you should be worried... From what I've heard so far it has many new features. The most concerning one is every time the driver has to use the bathroom you are required to give a urine sample immediately and it will automatically perform a urinalysis. Other features include a breathalyzer, 7 megapixel camera that you must photograph all your driver release locations, turn by turn navigation, iPod dock, alarm clock, DVD player, Sirius satellite radio, thermometer , Swiss army knife, flashlight , and Playstation Vita for down time. So all in all,it's not completely bad....but be worried anyway.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
How did you handle diads I-IV? You had one day, and learned it on your own. Thats what they pay us for. You will have a slow first day, then you will get it. Usually they dont know how it works, but throw the new tech at the drivers, they will figure it out, they always do.

talkwith

We've had them since November. They can scan practically any barcode. You will rarely have to enter tracking codes manually, even wrap around labels on tubes and box corners. They are much lighter and com with a holster so that you can wear them the whole day without putting them down or in the diad cradle. The flashlight is led. The buttons are easy to find and use.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I noticed a pile of crates full of new DIAD racks when I punched out last night, so I guess we will get them soon too. I asked my supervisor the day before when they were coming, and he said he didn't have a clue. I hope they are easy to learn, they don't train us like they used to.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I noticed a pile of crates full of new DIAD racks when I punched out last night, so I guess we will get them soon too. I asked my supervisor the day before when they were coming, and he said he didn't have a clue. I hope they are easy to learn, they don't train us like they used to.

What you are really afraid of is, "You can't teach an old dog new tricks."

klolx

Of course you should be worried... From what I've heard so far it has many new features. The most concerning one is every time the driver has to use the bathroom you are required to give a urine sample immediately and it will automatically perform a urinalysis. Other features include a breathalyzer, 7 megapixel camera that you must photograph all your driver release locations, turn by turn navigation, iPod dock, alarm clock, DVD player, Sirius satellite radio, thermometer , Swiss army knife, flashlight , and Playstation Vita for down time. So all in all,it's not completely bad....but be worried anyway.

I cracked the #$@$#@$@ up!!!

iamhuge

Banned
should i worry about using the new diad V?[/QUOTe The biggest difference is u dont have to shift at all. Id say the only things i dont like about the new diads are the numbers and letter are so small that u will never be able to hit the keys without looking. And at nite, the display is so brite , its like looking into a flashlite. there is no dimmer. The small size makes it a non weapon against dogs. Much lighter, touch screen is cool, it writes better, havnt seen one die in 5 months. There is no camera. we heard the same rumors.

Bad Gas!

Piece of cake.. Best diad yet. You will like it. It has attached stylis. It has a cloth handle on the back. I dont use the holster..Dont like belts..

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
I imagine everyone will hate them at first, get used to them in a few months, and then peak season will come around. You'll be using DIAD 4s as helper boards and cursing them, because they're so heavy and slow.

DS

Fenderbender
I haven't heard one word about new diads. :yapyapyapf:

diad5.jpg

bumped

Probably like every other Diad release. Get diad, go to PCM, given 27 page packet on how to use it, have a good day.