Diad V on monday! what to expect

bumped

I noticed a pile of crates full of new DIAD racks when I punched out last night, so I guess we will get them soon too. I asked my supervisor the day before when they were coming, and he said he didn't have a clue. I hope they are easy to learn, they don't train us like they used to.

You must be old. When did they train us?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
You must be old. When did they train us?

LOL, I am old. When I started, they sent us home with five or six booklets which included how to write out Delivery Records. I still have them somewhere in my basement. When we went on DIAD 1, we had classes and were allowed to take them home and practice on them. The last DIAD, I was on vacation the week my Center got them. I just went out on Monday morning and figured it out on my own with zero training. I figure it will be easy to adapt to anything they throw at us.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We were getting them in November then just after peak then this summer now no one knows when we might get them but I'm excited and ready to see what they are like.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
We were getting them in November then just after peak then this summer now no one knows when we might get them but I'm excited and ready to see what they are like.
I sure hope we don't have to wait til peak to get them. That's gonna bite, trying to learn how to use that during peak.

brownelf

We just got them a few weeks ago, no training they just sent us out with them. Basically works the same although I've noticed I hit the 3 key alot when hitting arrow down, which resulted in a lot of stops having room 3 as a delivery point. Best of all that signature key is still in the same spot that many have complained about for years, so much for listening to our feedback on how to improve the diad. But it does scan around corners and such, and is much lighter, but the new pouch is to bulky for me. For now I just slip in my vest pocket instead of using the pouch, are some really leaving it in pouch when driving rather than putting it in diad slot? Thought DIAD had to be put in holder on dash while vehicle is moving.