Diad V question.

Indecisi0n

I read in a manual that you can disable the touch screen. Does anyone know how to do this? I hate using the screen and I am trying to avoid having to use the toggle button Everytime I want to execute a command.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There is a button on the right hand side of the face between the numbers and letters that will shut off the touch screen and transfer those functions to the numbers/letters.

I personally like the touch screen.

Indecisi0n

I was looking everywhere for that setting. I was probably staring at it all day haha. Can you describe the button?

I love the Diad but not touching the screen. I'm faster punching the keys and hate touching the screen in the rain because I get dirty and grim all over the screen. Just bothering having the keep cleaning the screen.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
I dont know of a button that turns it off, but the GOLD key allows you to not have to use it. I constantly hit the prerecord key at first when handling packages at bulks stops. The first day I did it I freaked because I had 75 pieces scanned and unloaded and then they were gone. Took a while to figure out where they went. Now I hold the DIAD a little differently when picking up packages with it still in my hand.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
I was looking everywhere for that setting. I was probably staring at it all day haha. Can you describe the button?

I love the Diad but not touching the screen. I'm faster punching the keys and hate touching the screen in the rain because I get dirty and grim all over the screen. Just bothering having the keep cleaning the screen.

The gold key is actually orange and it is under the right arrow key. It makes numbers pop up on the touch screen menu options allowing you to punch numbers instead of touching the screen. For instance a front door DR would be Gold key, 5 for delivery and 7 for front door. Not in one, gold key 2 non del, 4 and then 1.

Indecisi0n

I dont know of a button that turns it off, but the GOLD key allows you to not have to use it. I constantly hit the prerecord key at first when handling packages at bulks stops. The first day I did it I freaked because I had 75 pieces scanned and unloaded and then they were gone. Took a while to figure out where they went. Now I hold the DIAD a little differently when picking up packages with it still in my hand.

I'm pretty fast using the toggle and menus but I know I read in an online manual that you can turn off the touch screen where the numbers will stay on all menus. If I could do that it would be awesome.

Indecisi0n

I have to admit they did a pretty damn good job with this Diad. Only small thing I would change is to give it a QWERTY keypad.

Johney

The gold key is actually orange and it is under the right arrow key. It makes numbers pop up on the touch screen menu options allowing you to punch numbers instead of touching the screen. For instance a front door DR would be Gold key, 5 for delivery and 7 for front door. Not in one, gold key 2 non del, 4 and then 1.
This is what I do also, but it has to be done per stop you can't disable the touch screen permanently as far as I know.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
The touchscreen on my DIAD screwed up. When I pushed the soft key "Deliver", it would Prerecord the stop instead. I learned what the orange oval button was for then, you can do everything with hard keys. I was lucky to catch that problem at my first stop, so I didn't prerecord my Next Day Airs.

yeldarb

I feel the Diad 4 is faster. Withy the 5, I will hit a button, get no reaction and then hit it again, then I get sent to the signed delivery note. I like it fitting in the back pocket and its ability to scan about every label.

upsman68

DIAD V is the bomb. Had it for a year and half. The scanner is the best thing. Scan from different angles is awesome. Flashlight I use a lot at night Help me keep my eyes ahead of my work

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I have to admit they did a pretty damn good job with this Diad. Only small thing I would change is to give it a QWERTY keypad.

The keys are a little small. Ill never type messages as fast with this one as I did with the 4. Even having to toggle I was faster.

S

serenity now

we just went to telematics and keyless in 2012 * have not even seen a diad V * we never get a new truck; we get the worn out crap from centers that do get new trucks * our mechanics have special training in restorations * my 800 has 800k

Alleycar

ditto on the telematics and keyless for our center, Serenity. We still have a couple 10s with no powersteering as extras, but all the trucks that run routes daily are powersteering as of 2012. You do get the dregs when you are a couple hrs from the hub hehe