DIAD V Revealed

Yep...Its nice to log on to UPSers.com and the first things I see is the rollout of the DIAD V and corporate already thinking about dumping more money into NASCAR. Pretty interesting during these tough times that our company feels the need to restructure, and eliminate jobs to cut costs. Yet they have problem upgrading the DIAD IV that are what three years old at tops?? No more turkeys...no problem I understand the need to tighten our belts. But why fix something that isn't broke? Just my thoughts as I work the reload since my route always gets cut in and out after the holdays.
The restructuring may be so they can pay for the DV and NASCAR.

I hope those buttons illuminate in the dark...

Signature button is still in the wrong spot.

Not heavy enough to put a dog down.

Wonder if the fat fingers will hit the right function at the bottom of the touch screen.

Otherwise looks very nice.
The dog feature scares me thats a good point. Maybe it comes with a taser or a dog whistle I hope.

brownrod

that reminds me of my hippie friend who puts tape over the lens of his camera on his phone because he's convinced the government is watching his every move...

No one is sitting there watching. But the information is collected for possible future analysis. The NSA has some serious data collection and storage capabilities.

brownrod

Yep...Its nice to log on to UPSers.com and the first things I see is the rollout of the DIAD V and corporate already thinking about dumping more money into NASCAR. Pretty interesting during these tough times that our company feels the need to restructure, and eliminate jobs to cut costs. Yet they have problem upgrading the DIAD IV that are what three years old at tops?? No more turkeys...no problem I understand the need to tighten our belts. But why fix something that isn't broke? Just my thoughts as I work the reload since my route always gets cut in and out after the holdays.

I think DIAD IV is going on 5 or 6 years old. And I think I remember DIADdude saying that the warranties are about to expire. Or something like that.

Cezanne

The dog feature scares me thats a good point. Maybe it comes with a taser or a dog whistle I hope.
It could take out a mad squirrel. I expect that if a dog is chasing you one can always throw it in their general direction and hope for a good hit. (Throw and Run) the safety quote of the day...:wink2:

Dustyroads

It IS Clarksville! Some things never change. I delivered to those very addresses in Clarksville on my first day on the job, 31 years ago!

Dustyroads

I heard that DIAD6 will have a secret button that will activate an ultrahigh frequency soundwave that can't be heard by humans that will temporarily incapaciatate a dog. It's called the "down boy" button.

705red

Browncafe Steward
I hope that they add software that will add up the weights of the packages from the end of day reports so a driver can make sure he is operating legally. If you are on a heavy industrial route there is a good chance that you are overweight, and it is impossible for us drivers to keep track of the weights of the packages. Just my 2 cents!

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I need P-Man to weigh in on the new hardware platform before I can form an opinion of the new
BROWNBERRY

2252.jpg
All of those street names are on my route? What makes it more suspicious, or ironic, is that they are out of order just like they are in my DIADiv.

pretzel_man

I need P-Man to weigh in on the new hardware platform before I can form an opinion of the new
BROWNBERRY

Okay... Here is what I know from corporate presentations and friends....

Cheaper, smaller, lighter, and more powerful than a DIAD IV

Better Radio, Better scanner (it will read a maxicode)

Better color screen, but Smaller keys... Will that be a problem? Maybe, but it also has a touch screen that may help.

Camera will NOT be activated...

Signature key. It can be moved if a problem. They think that because of the way this is held it won't be a problem, but they will be testing.

I liked that DIAD's used to be custom made for UPS, but overall seems good to me.

P-Man

DS

Fenderbender
Okay... Here is what I know from corporate presentations and friends....

Camera will NOT be activated...

P-Man

Hang on a sec now ,why not?
I WANT A CAMAWA waaaaaaaaaaaaaa

OK I can live without it....I like what I see
Hey pretz ,one question,is the sig pad still upside down?
or a key to switch it either way?
also my best choice for the sig button would be the triangle
depending of course if the screen was upside down

URFullofCrap

It is just another tool. Hopefully it will make our day easier. Give me more work, I can use it. When we all retire we will die anyway so just keep working. Easier to say okay than it is to complain. I am tired of hearing everyone complain. If you don't like it, leave.

DS

Fenderbender
It is just another tool. Hopefully it will make our day easier. Give me more work, I can use it. When we all retire we will die anyway so just keep working. Easier to say okay than it is to complain. I am tired of hearing everyone complain. If you don't like it, leave.
hi URF welcome to the browncafe
are you always this grumpy?

DazedandConfused

I heard that DIAD6 will have a secret button that will activate an ultrahigh frequency soundwave that can't be heard by humans that will temporarily incapaciatate a dog. It's called the "down boy" button.
Boy, wouldn't that be nice!! I have often wondered why we weren't given a can of mace or pepper spray to ward off dogs like some of the meter readers for our local gas company have?:anxious: