DIAD V

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Do you use the touch screen for driver release and such? I'm old school, I use the corresponding number on the keys.
I hit "deliver" on the screen, then use the numbers on keypad. Often times the deliver key won't highlight, it'll goto prerec or something else...or nothing at all.

PT Car Washer

Had a guy that was a royal :censored2: about counting pkgs. normally I'm all for it but this guy was a dick.

So Id change the number two or three off the correct count.

He'd count to 14 take the Diad from me, see 16, hand the Diad back to me and count again. Meanwhile I'd switch it back to the correct number. He'd finish counting, reach for the Diad, look and see that it said 14. Was always so confused. It was great.
Going to have to remember that one.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The reason you are showing incorrect numbers of packages is because you are hitting signature, some random numbers, and then enter. You can change the number that's on the signature screen that way. For example, if you have a customer that is anal about seeing how many packages they have on the screen every day, but you haven't had a chance to scan all of them yet, you can change the number when you hand it to them.

....or you can let them know before you scan the first one who many they have coming in that day....

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have several that demand to see it on the screen, and also write how many they are signing for above their name in the signature box.

So? Show them the screen before you start and make sure to show them the number in the upper right hand corner.

Gamestop will add the number of packages that they sign for to their signature but will not ask how many they have beforehand.

I recently converted Walmart to the computer software and they were also given access to Quantum View, which shows them how many packages they are supposed to receive each day. The problem with that is the total given is for all deliveries to Walmart, not just those going to the receiving area.

scoutlover

So? Show them the screen before you start and make sure to show them the number in the upper right hand corner.

Gamestop will add the number of packages that they sign for to their signature but will not ask how many they have beforehand.

I recently converted Walmart to the computer software and they were also given access to Quantum View, which shows them how many packages they are supposed to receive each day. The problem with that is the total given is for all deliveries to Walmart, not just those going to the receiving area.
The people I deliver to want to see it while they are signing. Nothing more, nothing less. Another example is when they refuse some. For example, if they receive 40 packages and refuse 4 of them, all you have to do is signature, 36, enter. Then after they sign you can figure out which ones to put as refused.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The people I deliver to want to see it while they are signing. Nothing more, nothing less. Another example is when they refuse some. For example, if they receive 40 packages and refuse 4 of them, all you have to do is signature, 36, enter. Then after they sign you can figure out which ones to put as refused.

Absolutely not!

Sheet all 40, including the 4 refused, have them sign for all 40, including the 4 refused.

ArcherUTR

Or if they are really anal about it, just don't sheet the refused ones. Get signature. The separately sheet refused using the duplicate stop button.

Or apparently as above, someone has shown that you can change the package count number in between hitting signature button and enter button.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Or if they are really anal about it, just don't sheet the refused ones. Get signature. The separately sheet refused using the duplicate stop button.

Or apparently as above, someone has shown that you can change the package count number in between hitting signature button and enter button.

The refused are part of the delivery and must be added to the package count. Sheeting them separately could open up a can of worms best left closed.

What if the receiver "changes their mind" or states that they never refused them?

Sheet them all, including any exceptions, and have them sign for them all, including any exceptions.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
The refused are part of the delivery and must be added to the package count. Sheeting them separately could open up a can of worms best left closed.

What if the receiver "changes their mind" or states that they never refused them?

Sheet them all, including any exceptions, and have them sign for them all, including any exceptions.
You can do that and still change the number to 36. They are still signing for the 40, you just changed the number they see on the screen.

ArcherUTR

Sheeting them separately could open up a can of worms best left closed.

Disagree if you use the duplicate stop button.

And what is to stop a customer disputing that they actually refused a package using your method (The way I used to do things, until maybe now)?

Because you got a signature? Are you kidding me?

They can always change their mind after you left. You can for some reason secretly use the refuse button even accidentally (some magical way) after signature is obtained but before you hit stop complete.

scoutlover

You can do that and still change the number to 36. They are still signing for the 40, you just changed the number they see on the screen.
That's exactly what I was trying to say. All 40 are recorded, they just see 36 on the screen. And the 4 are correctly sheetfed as refused.