Did any of you lose "friends" over the presidential election?

W

What The Hawk?

May be kind of late, ok I am late on this topic. But I'm just curious. My buddy told me that he lost friends over it, but he's also very opinionated and unwilling to respect people for their political differences. People at work were upset with the outcome, and blah blah blah. I'm sure Facebook and other social media sites are getting annoying..so how did it affect you? If you don't care, what do you care about?

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I don't talk politics at work and I haven't seen any of my friends since the election yet, but the only ones I keep around these days wouldn't care who I voted for anyway. Though I will say I went to a little election night party with a few back in 2012 and I found it amusing how butthurt people were that I didn't vote for Obama.

I don't talk politics at work and I haven't seen any of my friends since the election yet, but the only ones I keep around these days wouldn't care who I voted for anyway. Though I will say I went to a little election night party with a few back in 2012 and I found it amusing how butthurt people were that I didn't vote for Obama.
I have one really hardcore liberal on my route. We been going back and forth for decades. The day after the election, I didn't have a delivery for him. But I stuck my head in the door and just smiled. Everyone was cracking up

W

What The Hawk?

Oh man if I could only insert a picture of Cartman. "Liberal tears so yummy and sweeeet".

km3

I have one really hardcore liberal on my route. We been going back and forth for decades. The day after the election, I didn't have a delivery for him. But I stuck my head in the door and just smiled. Everyone was cracking up

obama-smile-point.jpg

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Got to have 'em before you can lose them.
I have no real idea what my friend's political preferences except one who is Republican.
I think most of my friends wanted Bernie.
I changed friend setting in FB to not see their posts for anyone that posted political stuff.

bbsam

Staff member
I have a hard time grasping the idea of losing friends over the election. I like the fact that a lot of my friends have views that differ from mine.

Last edited:
W

What The Hawk?

I have a hard time grasping the idea of losing friends over the election. I like the fact that a lot of my friends have views that different from mine.
I wish it were the same for me but when I did have a Facebook, people were flat out saying "if you voted for so-so or support this thing just remove yourself from my friends list and life". My friend said to me "if you're a Trump supporter your opinion doesn't matter". What the hell?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I wish it were the same for me but when I did have a Facebook, people were flat out saying "if you voted for so-so or support this thing just remove yourself from my friends list and life". My friend said to me "if you're a Trump supporter your opinion doesn't matter". What the hell?
Having friends with differing political views is one thing. But any "friend" who would cut you out of their life over who you voted for wasn't really your friend to begin with.