Did anyone buy GM stock in 2008?

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I distinctly remember at one point back in 2008 when GM was getting ready to tank, their stock price dropped to not more than a few bucks. Ridiculously low whatever it was.

I still had a gut feeling they'd recover at some point eventually and considered buying $500 or so worth of stock that I could sell once that happened. For some reason I never actually went through with it and still kick my ass anytime I think of it.

Did anyone else have the same idea in mind? How much did you buy? When did you cash it in and what was your payout?

T

Turdferguson

I distinctly remember at one point back in 2008 when GM was getting ready to tank, their stock price dropped to not more than a few bucks. Ridiculously low whatever it was.

I still had a gut feeling they'd recover at some point eventually and considered buying $500 or so worth of stock that I could sell once that happened. For some reason I never actually went through with it and still kick my ass anytime I think of it.

Did anyone else have the same idea in mind? How much did you buy? When did you cash it in and what was your payout?

Looking for a sugar daddy?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If you had bought stock in the old GM you would have lost everything as that company went bankrupt.