Did anyone get a response from their senator?

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
I received in the mail today a response from one of my senators in regards to the letter writing campaign the company asked us to participate in.

He stated in the letter his support of the express carrier legislation and also the Employee Free Choice Act.

Sweet.

Anyone else get a response?

40 and out

I received in the mail today a response from one of my senators in regards to the letter writing campaign the company asked us to participate in.

He stated in the letter his support of the express carrier legislation and also the Employee Free Choice Act.

Sweet.

Anyone else get a response?

I got a letter back and I didn't write one. Looks like management wrote one for me so they would meet their quota. Why does this not surprise me?

over9five

Staff member
I got a response from one of mine. Of course, the other one's dead....

I also sent email to everyone on the Senate Committee on Commerce, and got a response from Senator Boxer....no-one else.

UPSSOCKS

Funny story, in New Stanton HR forgot to put stamps on some of the letters and the employees got the letters back at their home address with "no postage" stamped on them. Talk about a waste of time.

mahmoud

Welcome to Brown Cafe, Mahmoud! Did your senator say that publicly, or in a letter to you? Who is he?

Senator Crapo used that term in a letter. He referred to the legislation as a "brown bailout". I was disappointed he used that term. To imply that UPS is getting any kind of bailout is ridiculous when you consider the $$$ doled out to failing companies.

Billy

I did not write one, but I am not surprised that you guys got a generic letter in return for your generic letter.