Did cover driver rate change as well

BUCN85

I was under the impression that the cover driver rate. Whether you are coded 3c or 5c you would be getting paid $16.50. Am I wrong and did the rate get bumped to $18.75 with new driver rate? Contract says nothing in these regards.

"This is called the pre-LOAD not the pre-STACK"

JL 0513

I guess "cover drivers" are defined differently in different regions. I'm a second year permanent seniority driver but am a cover driver as I don't have enough seniority to bid a route. Cover drivers are defined by that only. The pay is the same at each stage of progression as well as top rate. In other words, I reach top rate (same as everyone else) at my 36 months and I'll likely still be a cover driver.

Never heard of these varying rates you guys are mentioning.

blackcircle

I guess "cover drivers" are defined differently in different regions. I'm a second year permanent seniority driver but am a cover driver as I don't have enough seniority to bid a route. Cover drivers are defined by that only. The pay is the same at each stage of progression as well as top rate. In other words, I reach top rate (same as everyone else) at my 36 months and I'll likely still be a cover driver.

Never heard of these varying rates you guys are mentioning.

They're talking about part time Temporary Coverage Drivers. In the Southern supplement the pay is currently $28.05 an hour for a TCD which is 85% of top driver rate. I was a TCD and am now a full time swing driver, which is what full time unassigned drivers are called here. My pay is red circled at the TCD rate until I'm out of progression.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
I was under the impression that the cover driver rate. Whether you are coded 3c or 5c you would be getting paid $16.50. Am I wrong and did the rate get bumped to $18.75 with new driver rate? Contract says nothing in these regards.

Are you a part time cover driver or a full time cover driver? Because they rates you're quoting are new driver scales. If you're in progression you don't get the yearly raises just your progression. If you're pt cover driving then you get utility scale which is 75% of top scale and you're getting robbed. Of course your supplement could have differences in which case you should take advantage of your union dues and pester your local for the answer.

BUCN85

I think I'm actually considered summer seasonal. I believe that is what I signed up for. I'm Also preload and air driver