Did DHL buyout Yellow?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Pip, Sep 27, 2007.

1. Pip

Pip New Member

Heard this this morning that DHL is in the process or has already completed the purchase of Yellow which bought out Roadway. Anybody else hear anything about this? I'm just not sure if it is rumor or legit. Figured I'd throw this out to the congregation.

I heard this and it was like "WOW"! Somebody must have come up with some major $$$ to buy out Yellow.
  2. RockyRogue

RockyRogue Agent of Change

From this article, it sounds like there might be something to it:

YRC stock fluctuates on buyout rumor

The price of YRC Worldwide stock went up sharply Wednesday – then back down again – following a rumor that the LTL operation might be bought by a German company.
    The rumor spread on Tuesday, Sept. 25, that Deutsche Post, the parent company of DHL parcel delivery, had offered $41 a share for YRC – an amount much higher than its shares were trading.
    But on Wednesday, a stock analyst at Bear Sterns said he doubted the credibility of the buyout rumor, and YRC’s stock went back down to around $28.
    Deutsche Post said it made no buyout offer. “Land Line Now” called YRC officials for comment, but that call was not returned.
    Headquartered in Overland Park, KS, YRC Worldwide employs approximately 66,000 people. Its companies include Yellow Transportation, Roadway, Reimer Express, USF, New Penn and YRC Logistics.

BLACKBOX Life is a Highway...

i think the last thing I want to see is Tractors trailers painted in the DHL colors. Pretty soon there will be only 3 trucking companys around UPD FDX and the Germans..
  4. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Who is UPD? I couldn't let it slide. BM
  5. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

The 's' and the 'd' are right next to each other....looks like a typo like my "wingbuts" typo.

BLACKBOX Life is a Highway...

ok ok......isaw that "wingbut" error too... made me laugh.
  7. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

I can't imagine though that DHL would want to purchase a company that is a Union shop. I wouldn't think that they would want to afford that.
  8. Lobofan5

Lobofan5 New Member

Two things.

1. O DEAR GOD DHL has ugly uniforms. The less of those
    I see the better.

2. The last DHL person I saw 'working' was delivering a box
    to a bank where I was in line. Short woman, not the
    most petite, spikey crispy hair, big tattoo on the back of
    her thigh..TALKING on her cell phone WHILE she was
    getting a signature with the customer. When I went
    outside her truck was still parked in front of the
    bank...God as my witness it had a DONUT tire on the

Can't WAIT to see THIS buyout!!
  9. Big Babooba

Big Babooba Well-Known Member

The DHL barn in my area belong to the Teamsters.
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2007
  10. RockyRogue

RockyRogue Agent of Change

Depends on the area, Big Babooba. I'm not 100% certain on this--Colorado Teamsters can correct me if I'm wrong--but I don't think DHL workers here are union. -Rocky
  11. diesel96

diesel96 New Member

Maybe DHL is trying to buy out the "color yellow" and be like us "brown". And Fed Ex can be "purple"and Usps can be "blue".
  12. local804

local804 Well-Known Member

same here