Did DHL just cut and run?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by stevetheupsguy, Jan 16, 2009.

1. stevetheupsguy

stevetheupsguy sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

I haven't seen a yellow van on my route since mid December. Did they just close up shop and go away? If this is the case, I think that someone didn't feel like driving the 40 miles back to Riviera Beach, Florida. It seems that someone has parked a DHL van at a local shopping center, and just left it there. Saw this one here, for over a week. It even has one of those orange, move it or it will be towed, stickers.
    100_7296.jpg

2. City Driver

City Driver New Member

they are only doing international freight now

3. MonavieLeaker

MonavieLeaker Bringin Teh_Lulz

We all know this :wink2:

4. BigBrownSanta

BigBrownSanta New Member

DHL's still running where I'm at. They're still driving the yellow vans, but without any logo's.

5. stevetheupsguy

Undercover?

6. BrownSuit

BrownSuit Active Member

So undercover that not even their customers know about it :smart:

7. SmithBarney

SmithBarney Well-Known Member

All but intl here, actually followed 3 of them being shuttled away the other day(one on a wrecker, and two in tow... a few have showed up at local used car lots.

8. metrophillyslub

metrophillyslub New Member

i deliver to an auto auction and there are about 20 dhl vans in that lot. dhl graveyard.

9. stevetheupsguy

Now that would make a great picture, and I bet you'd get double bonus points if you somehow got your DIAD in the picture.

10. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

I passed my first DHL box van last ight for the first time in over a month.

11. 29th Christmas

29th Christmas New Member

Remember the tv commercial dhl had out with all the new yellow trucks on railroad cars screamin' down the rail and the fdx and ups trucks had to wait at the R/R crossing. It was a good commercial, but we kicked Duetch Post's butt.
    :wink2:

12. stevetheupsguy

Should make another one with the trucks heading back, all graffitied up and on fire, like in war of the worlds.

13. upsgrunt

upsgrunt Well-Known Member

At least they got good taste in chicken:happy2:

14. rod

rod retired and happy

Wasn't the tag line something like- "move over boys-there's a new sheriff intown"?

15. BLACKBOX

BLACKBOX Life is a Highway...

Can you imagine working for a company where people would say....You still here?, Hey...thought you guys went under? When is your guys LAST day?..........Everytime they see you.

Anybody catch the Cleveland Cavaliers on TV? Their uniforms look like DHL workers playing B-ball.

16. InTheRed

InTheRed New Member

DHL Train

17. SmithBarney

SmithBarney Well-Known Member

Steve I've been working on it... I was going to post it, just been busy at work.(too much
    DHL volume...

18. Covemastah

Covemastah Suspension Ovah !!! Tom is free FU Goodell !!

Wall Street 1-17-09 Oscar Meyer announced today of a major purhcase of several thousand used DHL trucks, company execs said they would be used as mobil weiner stands at all Nascar & Minor league baseball games down south!! The CEO also bought the uniforms .

19. InTheRed

InTheRed New Member

I always referred to DHL as ketchup and mustard...

20. rod

rod retired and happy