Did my ground peeps survive today?

gixxer squid

While i am straying off subject, How about PACKING? I delivered a box Monday, :censored2: was falling apart, looked as if it has been dropped and kicked like a soccer ball from the east coast

Give to customer, won't sign till he opens because of visible damage (didn't blame him). We open up box, inside there are 3 other boxes different sizes. No foam, no peanuts, no newspaper, nada. He then signs and I am off. Instead of sending 3 boxes of different size, some cheap ass threw them in one box. Granted if it was destroyed or broke, a claim would be filed.

Is it to much to ask fedex, or postal annex, Kinko's or whoever accepts package to pack it better? If it rattles inside, give it back till packed properly. Cant tell you how much tape we go through rewrapping open packages on our truck and sometimes having to shove contents back in box and retake.

STFXG

While i am straying off subject, How about PACKING? I delivered a box Monday, :censored2: was falling apart, looked as if it has been dropped and kicked like a soccer ball from the east coast

Give to customer, won't sign till he opens because of visible damage (didn't blame him). We open up box, inside there are 3 other boxes different sizes. No foam, no peanuts, no newspaper, nada. He then signs and I am off. Instead of sending 3 boxes of different size, some cheap ass threw them in one box. Granted if it was destroyed or broke, a claim would be filed.

Is it to much to ask fedex, or postal annex, Kinko's or whoever accepts package to pack it better? If it rattles inside, give it back till packed properly. Cant tell you how much tape we go through rewrapping open packages on our truck and sometimes having to shove contents back in box and retake.
You're working too hard. I scan anything open or damaged as code 10 for inspection. It hits the terminals service the same as a misload. Bring enough back for inspection and they will stop putting them on the truck.

And you're right about the crap no one else wants. Oversized are ridiculous this year. I'm going out full with about 20% less packages. Capacity is down due to larger boxes.

gixxer squid

Management falsification.

All they care is about meeting there numbers. Falsifications are the name of the business

Yeah, today I am on a thread rant.

I don't drive often but when I do, I want to set a good example for our guys. I strive to always have 100% service. Few weeks ago I had to help out with 3 bulk stops on companies closed a few days for inventory. No problem, 450 boxes to 3 stops, piece of cake. Only 3 deliveries. 0 boxes on truck when I take back to terminal. Nice easy 100% service. Get the daily the next morning, I have 98% service. 1 box didn't get delivered, code 16. WTF, there aint no boxes on the truck to deliver.

Go to management, ask them what box didn't get delivered, where it was, tracking number, told them my truck was completely empty, no freaking box got missed or not scanned. They had no answer, they just randomly decided to hit me with a DNA that was not even on my truck.

One of the office guys i get along with well told me that they will randomly assign something like this to another route or contract if another contractor failed on his service so it doesn't affect the terminals numbers. Basically if someone has 5 DNA on truck the office could change it two 2-3 and assign the others to another route. I have no idea IF this is true as its hearsay so don't quote me. I have no idea how terminal management operates. I do hear lots of whisperings all over though about hitting the numbers number numbers, so it wouldn't surprise me if true.

gixxer squid

You're working too hard. I scan anything open or damaged as code 10 for inspection. It hits the terminals service the same as a misload. Bring enough back for inspection and they will stop putting them on the truck.

And you're right about the crap no one else wants. Oversized are ridiculous this year. I'm going out full with about 20% less packages. Capacity is down due to larger boxes.

Working to hard? Well yes and no. My thought process is like this: If I pull 2-3 boxes off for inspection today, thats 2-3 extra boxes or stops i have tomorrow which I don't know whats in store tomorrow.

YES YES YES. The oversized boxes that no one wants or will take is killing us too. I know I saw that as of FEB 1 I think that fedex and UPS are both going to start upcharging for the oversize dimensional boxes.

So I am thinking then that since we are the ones either picking up or delivering with our independent contracted trucks that we are going to get paid more as contractors for these large oversize boxes? That additional money is going to be for all those that physically handle the package . HAHA LOL.

kickpackage1

It is true the terminal has their numbers also to meet and if they do management gets a bonus so they do do that to meet their numbers it is another one of their scams they pull on contractors it is one big scam

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
WHAT???? We don't get paid if one box was found later and we had already delivered to that location but couldn't find the box on the truck till later. It may show as another stop on your scanner but when the daily are out the next morning all those extra stops aren't included.

Haven't you ever wondered why the scanner stops and the dailys the following morning NEVER match exact numbers (well sometimes but rarely)

Not sure I understand why you say your getting paid for another stop,

When you 04 a business and scan the door tag, it will show as a stop on your scanner as a stop but not until you get a signature do you get credit for that stop, unless its the 3rd and final attempt

I make additional trips to 123 Main street as 123A Main St.

gixxer squid

It is true the terminal has their numbers also to meet and if they do management gets a bonus so they do do that to meet their numbers it is another one of their scams they pull on contractors it is one big scam

I don't doubt for a second. Not the first time I have seen it happen but when it happened to me, I was ready for war but no one gave a :censored2:. When I work, I don't friend around, I am there to do a job and to do it to the best of my ability.

gixxer squid

Genuinely curious; would you or would you not sheet a delivery with that exact scenario so you get credit for the stop?

Personally. I would not. 2 bucks and the quarter per box is not worth my contract. Pickups are all in same route in afternoon so I am going by location a 2nd time anyhow. Not like I am going out of my way to reattampt anyhow

Artee

YES YES YES. The oversized boxes that no one wants or will take is killing us too. I know I saw that as of FEB 1 I think that fedex and UPS are both going to start upcharging for the oversize dimensional boxes.

I was dropping off a FDX pak at Kinkos yesterday and the customer in front of my was dropping off a decent sized box. The quote was over $90 for ground and over $300 to go Express. The guy was shocked at the ground price. Said when he looked it up online at home it was only $46. The Kinkos guy had to explain to him it was being dim weighted and he was being charged for the space he was taking up on the truck and not for home much the box weighed.

STFXG

Sounds like you two are talking about different things. Pickups and deliveries. The pickups auto reconcile and cancel out when you sweep early and go back within the window. You only get paid for the one stop. For deliveries they don't reconcile. If you have ten boxes for the same stop you can go back ten times and get paid ten times. But it will pop up on a report if you don't change the address. Even with changing it if you are padding stops you'll eventually have an "integrity issue" and be out pretty quick.

CJinx

One of the office guys i get along with well told me that they will randomly assign something like this to another route or contract if another contractor failed on his service so it doesn't affect the terminals numbers. Basically if someone has 5 DNA on truck the office could change it two 2-3 and assign the others to another route. I have no idea IF this is true as its hearsay so don't quote me. I have no idea how terminal management operates. I do hear lots of whisperings all over though about hitting the numbers number numbers, so it wouldn't surprise me if true.
Personally I've never heard of that happening and I'm not sure why they would want to do that. 5 DNAs are still 5 DNAs whether they be on one ISP or five ISPs. It would not affect the station service numbers at all.
I make additional trips to 123 Main street as 123A Main St.
You're a brave soul. These things are pretty easy to catch even if someone plays games with the addresses. Apparently no one is minding the store at your station. LOL

bbsam

Staff member
Personally I've never heard of that happening and I'm not sure why they would want to do that. 5 DNAs are still 5 DNAs whether they be on one ISP or five ISPs. It would not affect the station service numbers at all.
You're a brave soul. These things are pretty easy to catch even if someone plays games with the addresses. Apparently no one is minding the store at your station. LOL
Would it still be "playing a game " if the stop is loaded in the scanner multiple times? Is that also easily caught?

whenIgetthere

Would it still be "playing a game " if the stop is loaded in the scanner multiple times? Is that also easily caught?

I have one of those on my route, shows as four or five stops every day. I deliver as one, coupe of swings POD for each line on powerpad.

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
I am just a driver. The package got delivered. End of story.

gixxer squid

image.jpg

Yesterday. Won't even pay expenses for the day. Seems this is our slow period, whole week not a whole lot busier

HD on other hand is slammed to the gills