Did Not Pass 5-Day Integrad Driver Training

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
A person who started at UPS a few months before I, a person who wants to drive as much as I, a person I feel is better at this and younger than I, does the Saturday Air with me, finished the Integrad 5-day Driver Training Course.

He did not pass.

I am somewhat freaking, because, well, he is better at this than I am, in my humble opinion.

NO DISRESPECT intended, seriously, but is it really that hard?

(Hey, it's better than another strike thread)

drewed

Shankman

thanks for not posting another strike thread i think 10 is enough haha
ive seen some people that shouldnt have passed it, pass it....and some people i thought it would have been simple for not, so its all up in the air..... so you have it coming up mid august right?

IDoLessWorkThanMost

A person who started at UPS a few months before I, a person who wants to drive as much as I, a person I feel is better at this and younger than I, does the Saturday Air with me, finished the Integrad 5-day Driver Training Course.

He did not pass.

I am somewhat freaking, because, well, he is better at this than I am, in my humble opinion.

NO DISRESPECT intended, seriously, but is it really that hard?

two words: coffee, donuts

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
thanks for not posting another strike thread i think 10 is enough haha
ive seen some people that shouldnt have passed it, pass it....and some people i thought it would have been simple for not, so its all up in the air..... so you have it coming up mid august right?

Yeah - And after learning this today, thinking to myself "what am I missing?"

Only thing I didn't score so well with on the prerequisite written was on the EDD DIAD, which I knew was going to give me problems. The macine itself seems to be - inconsistant. Some screens you have to hit escape to leave, others arrow up. Sometimes the alphanumeric toggle is required, other times it defaults, etc...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I was going to stay out of this one but I can't help myself. The "coffee, donuts" reference is mocking the way that you went out of your way to introduce yourself to everyone from the janitor to the center manager, proclaiming that you would be the quickest employee to go P/T to driving in our history. Like I said, I wanted to stay out of this one but you made it too easy. BTW, I like my coffee decaf, medium, 4 and 4. Chocolate frosted donuts.

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
Start at UPS as an unloader.

Driving Saturday Air within 4 weeks.

1 week training/certification for full time driving in less than 10 weeks.

I have a FT route in less than 4 months of starting with UPS.

Who's laughing now? Epo'u zpv xjti zpv eje uif tbnf?

Service Failure

Correct me if i'm wrong but the 5-Day Intergrad Driver Training is an 8 hour a day course required to start a career at UPS as a driver. After just stating the obvious it consist of memorizing the 10-point commentary/5 seeing-habits complete with a written exam at the end of the course , completing a DIAD IV CBT ( computer based training ), signing multiple papers giving you certification for certain procedures, and a road test. Those who fail to complete any of the listed requirements are failed. I heard the failure rate was 2 out of every 10 but that was from our instructor.

As far as being hard? No, it isn't hard at all but being on the road can be unpredictable especially having to drive the ups school bus around equipped with a spicer ( that's what we use at least ) for the first time. It's hard to get used to the size of a UPS truck considering only 2 of the 40 hour program consist of on-road practice and some maybe be more of a nerve wreck than others.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

Wow. That was mean. :sad-very:

I didn't expect you to take that shot at him. He was just telling of his accomplishments.

BTW, BBAG did you bid your route or what? How do you a FT driver slot now?

Whatever. He constantly brings attentino to himself, like a 5 year old. If that's what he wants, someone has to bring him back to earth from his reflective fairy tale.

After reading the first 7 threads he made in reference to him becoming a driver and his accomplishments, you would think he'd give it a rest...;O

What'dyabringmetoday???

Start at UPS as an unloader.

Driving Saturday Air within 4 weeks.

1 week training/certification for full time driving in less than 10 weeks.

I have a FT route in less than 4 months of starting with UPS.

Who's laughing now? Epo'u zpv xjti zpv eje uif tbnf?
I am. Hard to follow your "story". Must be nobody else wanted a route. Of course, you can make things work out however you want on the internet. Best of luck to you and congratulations if you are telling the truth.