Did Not Pass 5-Day Integrad Driver Training

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
Have a nice three year wage progression throughout your middle ages. :peaceful:

When my Dad was 61, he retired from a service job he did for 30 years. He decided he wanted to be a nurse. He had no schooling, no medical backround whatsoever. I made fun of him about it.

I said, Dad, your gonna be, like, 70 when you get your license, what are you doing?

And he looked at me and said Mike, I'm gonna be 70 anyway, might as well be doing what I want.

Sorry, Dad, you were right again, and I was an :censored2: for saying that. Just like IDoLessWorkThanMost has just shown he is an **** too.

Later all - maybe after some time.

Last edited by a moderator:

IDoLessWorkThanMost

When my Dad was 61, he retired from a service job he did for 30 years. He decided he wanted to be a nurse. He had no schooling, no medical backround whatsoever. I made fun of him about it.

I said, Dad, your gonna be, like, 70 when you get your license, what are you doing?

And he looked at me and said Mike, I'm gonna be 70 anyway, might as well be doing what I want.

Sorry, Dad, you were right again, and I was an :censored2: for saying that. Just like IDoLessWorkThanMost has just shown he is an ****too.

Later all - maybe after some time.

Thanks. Nice job comparing nursing to UPS driver, you would like to think you're that skilled. Let's see you thumb through that diad and run resis at 70. ;)

IDoLessWorkThanMost

!

A person who started at UPS a few months before I, a person who wants to drive as much as I, a person I feel is better at this and younger than I, does the Saturday Air with me, finished the Integrad 5-day Driver Training Course.

He did not pass.

I am somewhat freaking, because, well, he is better at this than I am, in my humble opinion.

NO DISRESPECT intended, seriously, but is it really that hard?

(Hey, it's better than another strike thread)

I have a novel, selfless idea!

Go to your supervisor, and let him/her know that the person you trained with is much superior to you and you do not deserve the position over him/her. This would be the truely humble thing to do as that person likely has undoubtedly put much more time in than you have and has far more experience.

Otherwise this thread seems like another one fishing for congratulations in a small community that basically already has patted you on the back.

cino321

especially having to drive the ups school bus around equipped with a spicer ( that's what we use at least ) for the first time.

Those cars are not the easiest cars to drive if you've never driven one, a lot of people fail several times before they pass in my building.

drewed

Shankman
Re: !

I have a novel, selfless idea!

Go to your supervisor, and let him/her know that the person you trained with is much superior to you and you do not deserve the position over him/her. This would be the truely humble thing to do as that person likely has undoubtedly put much more time in than you have and has far more experience.

Otherwise this thread seems like another one fishing for congratulations in a small community that basically already has patted you on the back.

that would be the honorable/human thing to do.....

JustTired

free at last.......
Remember when they used to tell you that there was 100 people out there just waiting for your job? Well, the pool just got a little smaller. Now you've got to be a memory expert, a diad expert, driving expert, not to mention a clean driving record. That last one usually does most candidates in. All this before you even get the job.

It's a wonder that I had 25 yrs of service and safe driving without knowing this stuff word for word. I'll go out on a limb and predict that those that make it through will most likely have an accident in their first year. I had a sup tell me once that it's not a matter of "if" you'll have an accident, it's a matter of "when". For most, this is the case.

While all of this hoopla may have an effect on accidents, I guessing it will be minor. Especially considering the workload and amount of hours drivers are dispatched with these days.

As for the "boy wonder"....... I've seen them come and go. But, good luck to you.

New Englander

Start at UPS as an unloader.

Driving Saturday Air within 4 weeks.

1 week training/certification for full time driving in less than 10 weeks.

I have a FT route in less than 4 months of starting with UPS.

Who's laughing now? Epo'u zpv xjti zpv eje uif tbnf?

No one really cares though. Your rise through a seniority based company has very little to do with your abilities.

Right place at the right time.

Good luck.

Wait wait...I'm confused. Your opening post here hints that you deliver Saturday air. Correct? You also indicate that you have not taken the 5 day driver training course yet, Correct? Then you state in this post that you have a FT route in less than 4 months. Correct? How can all this be? Please 'splain that to me.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

How can you have a fulltime route if you are worried about passing qualifying school? Are you gonna drive for 2 weeks and then go into supervision and tell us how it should be done because of your 2 weeks of driving experience? We have a few of those.

RozUPS

How did you pull that off? I was told by HR that you have to be at UPS for a year to even be considered for Cover driving.

R

Re-Raise

I think it is supposed to be a code where you replace each letter with the previous letter in the alphabet. It reads Don't you wish you did the same.... some of us drivers aren't so dumb...

Re-Raise

I have been checking the Brown Cafe for a couple of years to keep up on UPS info, and have really enjoyed following some of the discussions. I am a 22 yr employee (7 yrs preload) 15 as a driver. Started at 20 yrs old in college and stuck around. The current wait for part timers to drive is over 10 yrs at our small center. I am wondering what part of the country you are in BBAG and do you think you can make the Circle of Honor in less than 5 yrs ?