Did Not Pass 5-Day Integrad Driver Training

BrownArmy

It's funny this post has been bumped...

I'm new to the forum and I've seen so many references to BBAG in other posts (almost all disparaging), and now I can see where it came from...

BBAG is long gone, no?

Re-Raise

Annual Bump

Not sure what you mean by Annual Bump?

BBAG never actually had his own route. He confessed this right before he quit UPS to supposedly buy his own truck and start his own delivery company.(I'm not joking)

It is funny that after a long time of reading posts here on the BrownCafe it was the post that you qouted from BBAG that actually made me register.

The last sentence after "Who's laughing now?" seemed to be a code. I saw that second and fourth words were the same three letter words.

After about a minute of thinking of common three letter words that would be used in a question I saw that the words were "you" and he was just replacing the real letter with the following letter in the alphabet to make his ingenious code.

I had to register to decipher his question as "Don't you wish you did the same?"

Ah the BBAG memories....

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Not sure what you mean by Annual Bump?

BBAG never actually had his own route. He confessed this right before he quit UPS to supposedly buy his own truck and start his own delivery company.(I'm not joking)

It is funny that after a long time of reading posts here on the BrownCafe it was the post that you qouted from BBAG that actually made me register.

The last sentence after "Who's laughing now?" seemed to be a code. I saw that second and fourth words were the same three letter words.

After about a minute of thinking of common three letter words that would be used in a question I saw that the words were "you" and he was just replacing the real letter with the following letter in the alphabet to make his ingenious code.

I had to register to decipher his question as "Don't you wish you did the same?"

Ah the BBAG memories....
I think that an annual bump means bringing this thread back to life, year, after year, after year.

just interested

Yes - I had just noticed this thread was bumped about the same time last year and decided to bump it again in 2010 - nothing more than that! It will be interesting to see if anyone will bump it in 2011. :-)

Azrjn4864

I just got back from the intergrad school yesterday.... I failed.. I passed everything but integration station... I failed to honk my horn like 3 times and then I had shut my bulkhead door but it didn't lock so when I made a turn it came open.... I am very upset about it, I think it's crap that 2 of the tests that determine if you pass or fail are tests that require you to drive... I sat behind a computer all week and spent maybe 10 min actually driving... I begged the. To let me go out the the course and practice driving but they wouldn't let me.... I am not blaming my failing on anything but myself, but I wish they would have let me drive the course more and actually practice that way instead of at a computer or a dummy truck they had set up(which didn't even have a motor in it.... If anyone else is planning on going to this school and have a y questions about it... I will tell you anything I can to help you... It's hard...

menotyou

bella amicizia
Isn't it weird that in some areas you have to go to INTEGRAD, and in other areas you ride around in a UPS bus, have free drinks and dinner at the hotel, generally gossip with the other drivers, and, in the end, only have to know the 5 and 10 to pass? That was my experience, at least.

Isn't it weird that in some areas you have to go to INTEGRAD, and in other areas you ride around in a UPS bus, have free drinks and dinner at the hotel, generally gossip with the other drivers, and, in the end, only have to know the 5 and 10 to pass? That was my experience, at least.

Something tells me you were the ONLY one to have that experience.

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
I was going to stay out of this one but I can't help myself. The "coffee, donuts" reference is mocking the way that you went out of your way to introduce yourself to everyone from the janitor to the center manager, proclaiming that you would be the quickest employee to go P/T to driving in our history. Like I said, I wanted to stay out of this one but you made it too easy. BTW, I like my coffee decaf, medium, 4 and 4. Chocolate frosted donuts.

I agree with your taste on chocolate frosted donuts but rebuttle the decaf coffee.

If you ever want a hands on training session on learning to drive a feeder tractor just let me know.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I just got back from the intergrad school yesterday.... I failed.. I passed everything but integration station... I failed to honk my horn like 3 times and then I had shut my bulkhead door but it didn't lock so when I made a turn it came open.... I am very upset about it, I think it's crap that 2 of the tests that determine if you pass or fail are tests that require you to drive

Well, first of all I think its funny that you think its crap that the 2 most important tests that can flunk you out are the driving tests. If you are trying to become a driver, you need to be comfortable behind the wheel, NOT the desk. I understand that you wanted more practice, but the basics that they teach you SHOULD get you through it. The integration station busted out quite a few people in my class. But, if you focus and take your time its actually VERY easy to pass that one in the what, 5 minutes that they give you. I passed it, I believe in less than 3 minutes.

All I can say is, if you really want it, wait the one year and try again. It is a good job to have, although some days will have you pulling your hair out, for the pay and the benefits its hard to beat

Azrjn4864

I think you misunderstood me... I don't think training for driving is crap.... I meant I thought it was crap that I was sitting at a computer almost 90% of the time I was there and only in a truck like 5 min a day, when at the end of the week 2 of the tests that you pass or fail at requires you to be in a truck not at a computer.... I begged them for lore time behind the wheel actually driving... I'm not blaming my failing on anyone but myself.... Let me make that clear, but I wish I could have drove more... I will go again and be more prepared BEFORE I go to school... I was just sharing my story... All that my story is: went to intergrad busted my ass for a week, then went to intergration station, failed to honk
my horn 3 times, bulkhead door came open as I was turning and failed with an 84, when an 85 was required to pass that particular test... I wanted to share this in case someone else was on here and nervous about going, I thought maybe I could help them... I wish I had had someone do the same for me... That's all

Cementups

Box Monkey
It's ok man. Relax. Most of us here who have been driving forever would probably fail at Integrad too. A lot of us developed bad habits that we are still trying to break. As far as the horn, 3 times is not enough. You need to be obnoxious with it to the point you have customers saying, "Why the friend* do you honk the horn so much?!" My response is always, "You saw me coming (or knew I was here), right!" And the bulkhead....just don't let go of the chain till it won't close anymore.