Did not recieve paycheck, and now job is threatened.

New Englander

Well.....UPS has an operation to run. If while in your probationary period you start missing days. I say cut the bait and move on.

Sorry if it's harsh but it's life and reality.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
I was terminated. Still no paycheck.

And still no answer to my question. Did you file a grievance? All you said is that you are working with the union on it. That does not tell me a thing.

And now, because if you didnt, it is no longer a timely grievance.

As for you getting terminated, what was it you thought was going to happen?

d

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
I dont know. IT would seem it does pose a problem. IT would seem that he falls under the contract from day one, after all the start wage is in the contract. Any progression language also deals with a new hire.

So IMHO the employee is covered to a point under the contract. The only thing it does not offer him is the ability to hold on to the job without the company having just cause to let him go.

So while his job protection is not there, the other protections, including the pay guarantee, would be something he gets from day one.

That would be the argument I would use.

But while I understand his frustration with UPS, his inability to find a way to work is not UPS's problem.

d

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I am in a right to work state and therefore we don't have to sign up with the union. The union still has to represent any employee.

SFBayUPSer

No I did not file a grieveance. I was told I couldn't since im "Not in the union yet".

I have recieved both my paychecks in the mail.

Forget UPS. I dont care what anyone says, its messed up what they did.

Have a nice life guys, this will be my last post.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
No I did not file a grieveance. I was told I couldn't since im "Not in the union yet".

I have recieved both my paychecks in the mail.

Forget UPS. I dont care what anyone says, its messed up what they did.

Have a nice life guys, this will be my last post.

UPS may have screwed up, but don't take it out on us. Come on man, keep in touch, at least let us know how you land and how your family is doing. BC is about pre, existing and former UPS'ers. You're family now, so don't lose touch, ya hear?

New Englander

He's a troll. Saturday he was "working with the union on it" now on Sunday after I questioned if he was actually in the Union "I was told I couldn't since im "Not in the union yet".

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
And if he is not a troll, he is someone that can not take responsibility for their actions.

While I know what it is like to be totally broke, your actions during this whole thing, and your attitude really sucks.

Better grow a set and develop some thick skin, cause life sucks at times, and at many times for some. Its how you deal with it and over come, or allow yourself to become a permanent victim that defines who you are and what you will accomplish in life.

And from what i have read in your posts, you like being a victim.

Good luck with that.

As for union or not, as a business that is unionized, the guy has certain rights that are won under the contract. As such, the union has a responsibility to represent him to the company. And while he might not have the legal ability to grieve the action, the contract is plain about payroll issues, and they owe him the extra money.

d

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I wonder who is wrong here. Our union allows our non-union members to file grievances and get paid for seniority violations. Last I checked we were still all Teamsters. Hmmmmmm

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Dill

THere is a difference between non union and pre union. What england and I are discussing is the fine point of representation of pre union employees.

I believe, with the exception of job security, they do have rights spelled out under the contract. And as such should be able to recoup money that is rightfully theirs under the contract.

d

drewed

Shankman
Dill

THere is a difference between non union and pre union. What england and I are discussing is the fine point of representation of pre union employees.

I believe, with the exception of job security, they do have rights spelled out under the contract. And as such should be able to recoup money that is rightfully theirs under the contract.

d
In which case his steward let him down

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
OR maybe he steward did not know, care, have the time etc etc. Stewards are like ups drivers. Some are worth their weight in gold, others not worth the ground they stand on.

I find it interesting about Englands take on the subject. Why is it that the union is invited to new hire orientation to invite the new hires to join?

Just a lot of conflicting information out there.

d

drewed

Shankman
OR maybe he steward did not know, care, have the time etc etc. Stewards are like ups drivers. Some are worth their weight in gold, others not worth the ground they stand on.

I find it interesting about Englands take on the subject. Why is it that the union is invited to new hire orientation to invite the new hires to join?

Just a lot of conflicting information out there.

d

Its in the contract? if its not in the NMA I know its in our rider