Did our stock split?!?

outamyway

This is what I saw yesterday:

28.60 -23.61 (-45.22%) Jan 10 9:11pm ET

This was from a Google search. An omen perhaps to the very bad times we're headed into:surprised:

sendagain

I've heard nothing that would warrant such a deep slide in the stock. Most of the bad economic numbers are already baked into the price in the low fifties. If it opens in the twenties on Monday, then we all better run to the market and buy as many potatos as we can, cause the depression would be on.

IWorkAsDirected

Outa browns on 04/30/09
You ain't kidding, your time is short. You gonna have a big party?

Actually, it's even shorter now, I'll have my lst day on March 20th, my center manager assured me that my 7 weeks vacation would be paid as pro rated, not eliminated. That was the only reason I was staying for April to make sure I got those weeks.

Big party? Well I leave for Disneyland the next day with some of my grandkids and two of my kids. Another driver who retired in July suggested that he, myself, and another drive retiring in April plan a big party, we'll see. You bet I'll be partying in my head big time.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Actually, it's even shorter now, I'll have my lst day on March 20th, my center manager assured me that my 7 weeks vacation would be paid as pro rated, not eliminated. That was the only reason I was staying for April to make sure I got those weeks.

Big party? Well I leave for Disneyland the next day with some of my grandkids and two of my kids. Another driver who retired in July suggested that he, myself, and another drive retiring in April plan a big party, we'll see. You bet I'll be partying in my head big time.

Congrats, IWAD, glad you made it. When you get there, let us know what it's like on the other side.

outta hours

Maybe someone will look at how this company is being run into the ground with a total disregard for our customers and how bad our service has become.

Operations cannot be properly run by IE people who are not down in the trenches where the work is. Service suffers as these decisions are made in advance of how many cars are needed for any given day with no ability to change them without fear of being fired for not following the plan.

Tons of misloads,LIB,late air,missed p/u's, missed pkgs. This stuff was never allowed before but now it has become routine. Drivers out until 8 or 9 each night in months other than December? Never happened until PAS/EDD. Commercial delivery stops added and cut to different drivers each day results in no continuity in delivery or pickup times. Who wants to use a carrier like that.

The "plan" is not working. We are losing customers. The stock will continue to fall. PAS/EDD is not working. The emperor is not wearing any clothes,can somebody please have the stones to step up and tell him. Before it's too late.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Maybe someone will look at how this company is being run into the ground with a total disregard for our customers and how bad our service has become.

Operations cannot be properly run by IE people who are not down in the trenches where the work is. Service suffers as these decisions are made in advance of how many cars are needed for any given day with no ability to change them without fear of being fired for not following the plan.

Tons of misloads,LIB,late air,missed p/u's, missed pkgs. This stuff was never allowed before but now it has become routine. Drivers out until 8 or 9 each night in months other than December? Never happened until PAS/EDD. Commercial delivery stops added and cut to different drivers each day results in no continuity in delivery or pickup times. Who wants to use a carrier like that.

The "plan" is not working. We are losing customers. The stock will continue to fall. PAS/EDD is not working. The emperor is not wearing any clothes,can somebody please have the stones to step up and tell him. Before it's too late.

You write the petition and I'll be the first to sign it. Well, maybe the second, after yourself, of course.

BrownBlue

New Jack
Totally agree Outtahours, but what can we do, we are just the stupid overpaid union employee's that don't get the big picture? Or at least thats what they would have us believe. IE needs to be on lay off forever, let's get back to business.:surprised:

All I can say.....I dont need to worry about retirement for about another 23 years or more....if you plan on retirement within the next 5 years or so...that sucks!! Otherwise, it will all come back when the economy comes back....or armegeddon, which ever happens first!!! lol

Bad Gas!

You write the petition and I'll be the first to sign it. Well, maybe the second, after yourself, of course.

I'll be the third to sign......I stole this was Denverbrown who quoted Jim Casey.:

One measure of your success will be the degree to which you build up others who work with you. While building up others, you will build up yourself."
Jim Casey

When was the last time mgt. involved you?

I'mTheMan

It's looks like we're going worse before it can get better on this stock for UPS? Besides, it just make me sick to see this that UPS stock is sinking worse and no one can be able to get a chance to retire at this time? I feel bad for few of my UPS co-workers that are upset that their plans to retire are halted due to stock is sinking real fast!

GayOfThrones

Only a little over a year after this thread was started and the stock has bounced back. To all the drama queens screaming "fiscal apocalypse"..management is running the company into the ground yadi yadi....you guys look stupid.

I'm happy i purchased it at it's low point. UPS has been around for over 100 years. Not because of the Union, but inspite of it.

I got close to 30% return on my money.