Did the 97' Strike affect any of you here?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Here, management didn't want anyone to cross the line. I don't think there was any really bad feelings on either side. Both sides knew what had to be done, and they did it.
That was the way it was here too.
The only problems I had was delivering to a Union dock.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Anyone have any stories about drivers crossing over during the strike? Heard some horrible stories around here about promising management positions and then firing them.

upschuck

If you can walk fast and move your feet, I'm pretty sure you can beat me now.
I was 5th in the state of Georgia when I was 36 (Mens 35) and when I was 41 (Mens 40).
My partner and I have played together as double's partners since 1980.
Impressive, did you take pictures when you played?

T

Turdferguson

Not here. Everything went back to normal, don't really recall anything changing, except we didn't get the cheap tickets to the theme park that was close by anymore.
Was part time during the strike , and when it was over they went on a firing spree in the building. Guess they were mad they had to do physical labor for those two weeks.

upschuck

We did have a ton of support. Other trucking companies accidentally breaking down in front of the gates.

Other unions dropping off food and drinks....some beers too!

Everybody was honking their horns in support. Tons of media people.
Same here, I had the midnight - 4 shift, most of the stuff was gone, but still a lot of still left.

Nothing.
Did their job and kept to themselves pretty much like before the strike.
I think they are all retired now.

There were quite a few part-timers that crossed but they ran out of work eventually.
I'd toy did that here. You probably wouldn't have a car to drive home in.

Their was some crazy guys on the line.