Did the Philapelphia Police use Excessive Force?

Do you think the Philadelphia police department used excessive force?

• Yes

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This past week the Philadelphia Police Dept tasered a 17 yr old spectator who had run on to the field during a Phillies game. Do you feel that the use of the taser was justified or was it excessive?

P

pickup

This past week the Philadelphia Police Dept tasered a 17 yr old spectator who had run on to the field during a Phillies game. Do you feel that the use of the taser was justified or was it excessive?

I would say that maybe this tasering would have deterred copycats but lo and behold , another philadelphia fanatic ran on the field the next game.

Still, the stupid fan was the only one hurt during this incident. Better that it happened to him than to a player or a coach. Do you remember what happened to a Kansas City Coach a few years back or Monica Seles a few more years back?

I noticed you didn't answer your own question. Did I just fall into a trap?

P

pickup

2 replies--2 votes. I voted "yes". Tasering was a bit much but then again it is Philly--they throw snowballs at Santa (and Jimmy Johnson).

After I posted, the results of the poll were then evident to me, I knew I voted "no", so I assumed you were the "yes" vote. The only visuals I have pertaining to this incident is the picture of the "slightly" overweight police officer pulling the taser out of his holster. So I didn't see the whole action.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

It was justified because that fat a** cop was never going to catch the fan.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
tasers are used to reduce injuries too all parties involved. The fan will not have any permanant damage and none of the officers were hurt wrestling with him. Luckly he didn't get hit the nads like a guy in my town did.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
No they did not use excessive force. The kid is no worse for the wear . I thought judging the distance from the video it was a hell of a shot. As to the second maroon they should have used a harpoon because of his size and the fact he ruined Cole Hamels shut out. LOL. The Phillies have come out with a statement from this point forward that they will request police assistance only when needed.( or if the Mets fans are in town) .
In all seriousness these people only represent 1% of the fans in Philadephia which is no differant from any other city. The snowballs thrown at santa and Jimmy Johnson stories are getting old.
PS If you have HBO watch the special on the Flyers "Broad Street Bullies" on demand.