Did this Facebook post cross the line Free Speech or threats Who determines?

texan

Ex Marine detained for Facebook Post

A Marine turned conspiracy theorist who was detained for psychological evaluation after posting rants
on Facebook.

He has since been ordered to remain in a mental facility for at least 30 days.
His laywer said:
For government officials to not only arrest Brandon Raub for doing nothing more than exercising
his First Amendment rights but to actually force him to undergo psychological evaluations and
detain him against his will goes against every constitutional principle this country was
founded upon. This should be a wake-up call to Americans that the police state is here.”

The former Marine who was detained by the federal government over Facebook posts critical of
the government is being held in a psychiatric ward, Peter Bacqué of the Richmond
Times-Dispatch
reports.
“I’m currently in John Randolph in the psychiatric ward being held against my will,” Brandon Raub
said in a telephone interview with the Times-Dispatch. “[Authorities] were concerned about me
calling for the arrest of government officials.”

Raub noted that he has been raising questions about 9/11 and signed a petition to reopen
investigation of the terrorist attacks.

I really love America, and I think that idea that you can be detained and sent somewhere without
due process and a lawyer … is crazy,” Raub said.

Raub told the Times-Dispatch that he served as a Marine in Iraq and Afghanistan from 2005 to
2011, was a combat engineer sergeant and does not own a gun.

His mother said he returned from Afghanistan about a year ago and does not have PTSD.

Prison Planet.com Former Marine Brandon Raub Is Locked In A Psych Ward Over His 9/11 Facebook Posts

Ex-Marine Detained For Facebook Posts Deemed "Terrorist in Nature" - Slashdot

Top News Today | Former Marine Indefinitely Detained In Psychiatric Ward Over 9/11 Facebook Posts

texan

What he posted was questionable.

Brandon J. Raub, 26, has been in custody since FBI, Secret Service agents and police in Virginia's Chesterfield County
questioned him Thursday evening about what they said were ominous posts talking about a coming revolution. In one
message earlier this month according to authorities, Raub wrote: "Sharpen my axe; I'm here to sever heads."

But is it worthy of being put into pych ward?

A Virginia-based civil liberties group, The Rutherford Institute, dispatched one of its attorneys to the hospital to
represent Raub at a hearing Monday. A judge ordered Raub detained for another month, Rutherford
executive director John Whitehead said.

Whitehead said he found nothing alarming in Raub's social media commentaries. "The posts I read that
supposedly were of concern were libertarian-type posts I see all the time," he said.

The big concern, Whitehead said, is whether government officials are monitoring citizens'
private Facebook pages and detaining people with whom they disagree.

Ex-Marine Brandon Raub put in psych ward over Facebook posts | wtsp.com

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
This ISNT a case about the goverment SPYING on a citizen. There were many complaints to many agencies including the FBI over "threatening" posts where RAUB was making threats to start a revolution and kill people.

His comments on 9/11 were NOT the reason for his arrest.

He was detained for declaring that a new "revolution" was about to start and he made comments like " "Sharpen my axe; I'm here to sever heads."

These kinds of comments ALARMED people who KNEW him, and it was THOSE people who notified authorities. What people didnt want to see was ANOTHER TIMOTHY McVEIGH, a former us soldier going around killing people.

His detainment is legitimate and an evaluation proper. We dont need any more psyco soldiers running amock in this country.

peace

TOS

Babagounj

Strength through joy
From the story......Police -- acting under a state law that allows emergency, temporary psychiatric commitments upon the recommendation of a mental health professional.....
{ Just who was this mental health professional ? }
....some of the posts in question were made on a closed Facebook page that Raub had recently created so he questioned whether anyone from the public would have complained about them.

{ hey tos , I wonder if Ca. has a similar law ? }

Babagounj

Strength through joy
TOS, could you please inform everyone here just how many radical muslims have also been detained ?
You know the ones who call for the death of Christians and all other non-believers ?

texan

Tex,

Search CoIntelPro and False Flag and you might see why such contradictions exist.

ahhh Mr. Hoover's work that exposed people like John Lennon who was such a threat to the US.

Then again, someone had to allow Mr. Hoover to do this over the years.

Black Flag, like the Bay of Pigs. sigh....

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
This case is getting all kinds of HYPE for no apparent reason. You have a former soldier making threatening comments on the internet and HIS VERY OWN FRIENDS are the ones who turned him in. Pretty simple stuff.

No big goverment here.

Just law enforcement responding to the publics plea for intervention.

A psyc eval is in order just in case this guy has gone off the deep end, and maybe if people take a good look at him, he will be able to be helped and a tragedy averted.

Just like that other white soldier who shot up the sikhs, it hasnt been made public the types of things he was posting or saying... and if only one person turned HIM in, all those innocent people wouldnt have been killed.

This is a new world people, the internet isnt a place to make serious threats to the public.

Peace

TOS

Just_another_day_at_work

At the beginning I was/still a nutter :), but didn't juice it with Jesus stuff.
The knucklehead posted “Sharpen my axe; I’m here to sever heads.” and this one don't know how he got this from "Our founding fathers understood the sacred rights of mankind as they were written by the whole volume of human nature, a nature that was bestowed on us by Jesus"??!!:rofl:
Property, Liberty, Jesus, and Our Country | Don't Tread On Me
All we need is somebody with a gun shooting at people and start a revolution in Jesus' name, he will get media attention for that.
The founding fathers were running from the Vatican for Christ sake...The question is why? Payback time?! :) "as above so below" no satanism here, it's only from christian and other religions standpoint.
george-washington.png
If I read it right he was against the "Illuminati", but supported Ron Paul(mason) and listened Alex Jones(gate-holder). Not everything as it looks texan. :D
There is no tyranny here, just weird interconnected circles. The playground has been going on way back before Christ, and in different dimension=above(hard to fight it in 3D with a gun and the Bible in the hand) :D
Just one example how little I know about this stuff(matrix, pattern), occult=hidden(in plain sight) in MIB3 the ending part sucks though with bill cooper...
Men In Black 3 and The Number 29=11, Last Transit of Venus 2012 6/5-6=11, 2012 Olympics XXX Trinity - YouTube

Nice song from Beyonce(yeah illuminated one), check the background(IMO that's what's gonna happen soon and I am ready)
I Was Here (United Nations World Humanitarian Day Perform... - YouTube
george-washington.png

texan

At the beginning I was/still a nutter :), but didn't juice it with Jesus stuff.
The knucklehead posted “Sharpen my axe; I’m here to sever heads.” and this one don't know how he got this from "Our founding fathers understood the sacred rights of mankind as they were written by the whole volume of human nature, a nature that was bestowed on us by Jesus"??!!:rofl:
Property, Liberty, Jesus, and Our Country | Don't Tread On Me
All we need is somebody with a gun shooting at people and start a revolution in Jesus' name, he will get media attention for that.
The founding fathers were running from the Vatican for Christ sake...The question is why? Payback time?! :) "as above so below" no satanism here, it's only from christian and other religions standpoint.
View attachment 7250
If I read it right he was against the "Illuminati", but supported Ron Paul(mason) and listened Alex Jones(gate-holder). Not everything as it looks texan. :D
There is no tyranny here, just weird interconnected circles. The playground has been going on way back before Christ, and in different dimension=above(hard to fight it in 3D with a gun and the Bible in the hand) :D
Just one example how little I know about this stuff(matrix, pattern), occult=hidden(in plain sight) in MIB3 the ending part sucks though with bill cooper...
Men In Black 3 and The Number 29=11, Last Transit of Venus 2012 6/5-6=11, 2012 Olympics XXX Trinity - YouTube

Nice song from Beyonce(yeah illuminated one), check the background(IMO that's what's gonna happen soon and I am ready)
I Was Here (United Nations World Humanitarian Day Perform... - YouTube

Do you post on Facebook?

Just_another_day_at_work

Yes, but not threatening people and got friends to report me if I get out of control like he had, not happened yet but I was asked how come the FBI didn't visit me yet... :D
That's one thing I agree the government ain't telling the truth, but that 911 wasn't just like "they" set up missiles to blow up things, there were a lot of (kabbalistic)numbers involved. The buildings were built right on same planetary alignment(I think), involved with power tycoons(Gnostics) and you can see the freedom-tower description under "symbols that surround us".
That's one thing Bush(he ain't that stupid after all) flipped that book, that doesn't mean the government did it, but we find out soon what's the "above" I guess(no worries). Can I say they "see" the future(are they gods)?!

Last edited:

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
how's this for an idea ?
A Facebook page for TOS.
Just find his hate filled rants & post them .

I post many things on facebook on politics, 9/11, the wars and such, and I FEAR no one is watching me.

Of course, im not a rednecked former soldier whos a part of the right wing hate groups either..

peace

TOS

Babagounj

Strength through joy
According to DHS mandate , former military personnel are listed as enemies of the state and must be contained.
However muslims who call for the death of all infidels are safe to roam our streets along with all the criminal illegal deportees that their home country refuses to accept back .

bbsam

Staff member
According to DHS mandate , former military personnel are listed as enemies of the state and must be contained.
However muslims who call for the death of all infidels are safe to roam our streets along with all the criminal illegal deportees that their home country refuses to accept back .
How did you become so completely disconnected from reality?