Did we lose the ProFlowers account?

Kevinmevin

Anybody know? Were not having a special Sunday flower sort this year for mothers day like we did last year @ FDX Ground. Is Express getting that volume or part of it at least since I just got notice the flowers I got for my mom are coming UPS.

HomeDelivery

they're going to use ANY available delivery service at this time of year... i delivered a few this past saturday along with those harry/david fruit boxes

our terminal is bringing back some "hourly-paid" temp drivers from peak to help out with the increase in volume

CJinx

I got an email with contingency instructions for all the major mother's day shippers including ProFlowers, so I doubt we *lost* the account.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

Not our STA, they all filed religious persecution, or something like that.

I was voluntold that I have to work Sunday and the only way our of it was to be in the hospital, dead, or have Jesus himself come in and vouch for my being in church. I hate my manager, he is a biotch. When asking for volunteers, he stuck with his buddies that came with him from his old station, never even asked me, then told me I got drafted. Can't repeat what I said for decorum's sake.

CJinx

I'm already seeing Proflowers stuff in the system.

I already have ProFlowers, Harry & David, Sherrie's Berries and FTD numbers on speed dial. Gonna be a fun weekend.

Last edited:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I was voluntold that I have to work Sunday and the only way our of it was to be in the hospital, dead, or have Jesus himself come in and vouch for my being in church. I hate my manager, he is a biotch. When asking for volunteers, he stuck with his buddies that came with him from his old station, never even asked me, then told me I got drafted. Can't repeat what I said for decorum's sake.

Dear Biotch Manager,
Please excuse Downtrodden In Texas from working Mother's Day because he has promised me that he will be in church. I'm not allowed on FedEx property because I might advocate for a union for your poor and miserably-treated workers. And, as long as I'm writing, tell that Smith fellow that he isn't welcome in my "house".
Sincerely,
Jesus H. Christ

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

Dear Biotch Manager,
Please excuse Downtrodden In Texas from working Mother's Day because he has promised me that he will be in church. I'm not allowed on FedEx property because I might advocate for a union for your poor and miserably-treated workers. And, as long as I'm writing, tell that Smith fellow that he isn't welcome in my "house".
Sincerely,
Jesus H. Christ

Amen! Praise Jesus, Jesus Martinez for his mad landscaping skills!

Doc Sorting Dude

Saw a lot of Sherries Berries and Flowers but not like the volume of last year. He have close to 500 dels for Sat at last meeting so the part-time guys are saying "Hallelujah". This is the first time in years we work we will not mandatory for Saturday. Goes to show how we got more crr's than trucks. Heck I want to spend time with family anyway.

HomeDelivery

another slammed day w/ some people not knowing where their mommy lives :dead: i had a handful of address corrections on-the-road. thank goodness they remembered the phone #s so i can contact them & change it on the fly...

once 1700 came around, the terminal was closed & i now had to rely on my contractor w/ his desktop pc to do 411.com lookups & verify a few addresses...

fruit boxes and Harry Davids were spot on though...

clocked out at 2000 & will be slammed for tomorrow

if express is working on a Sunday, would they allow HD and Ground to help? i wouldn't mind driving those comfy Sprinter vans to do drop-n-run stops...

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
I was swamped with flowers and sherries berries. I was thinking how this was the most I've seen for a couple of years. Very interesting to read your views from team purple.

MAKAVELI

another slammed day w/ some people not knowing where their mommy lives :dead: i had a handful of address corrections on-the-road. thank goodness they remembered the phone #s so i can contact them & change it on the fly...

once 1700 came around, the terminal was closed & i now had to rely on my contractor w/ his desktop pc to do 411.com lookups & verify a few addresses...

fruit boxes and Harry Davids were spot on though...

clocked out at 2000 & will be slammed for tomorrow

if express is working on a Sunday, would they allow HD and Ground to help? i wouldn't mind driving those comfy Sprinter vans to do drop-n-run stops...
Sorry bro, but only FedEx employees are allowed to drive or ride in Express trucks.

sjh

Holy crap I saw a ton of ProFlowers and Sherries Berries today. Only one box went unresolved. :)

We had something like 6k flowers in our terminal today. A normal day is 12k packages total. But honestly, I love seeing them. As long as its a good address, it's an easy drop. =)

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I don't mind the flowers---I think I had 50 of them spread out over the past 3 days---what I do mind is the stupid "please knock or ring bell" message on the label.