Did you splurge on anything

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

But you really don't want to get into an investment or money argument with me because that is one thing I am very bright at.

Please show me where on the Prudential website I could go and elect to have a set monetary amount, rather than a percentage of gross pay, taken from my check as a contribution to my 401k.

I'll wait.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I'm not salary but I get the same hours every week. 7 hours Saturday air and around 18 through the week. So what if I get 23 hours one week and 28 hours the next week it's all an average
One week as a driver I could make $2200. The next week $1200 so pretty big swings.

You try and guesstimate as best you can but its not the same. My wife is salary. It's easy as hell to tell her put 10% in your 401k you'll max it out last week of the year. Drivers can't do that.

Browndriver5

One week as a driver I could make $2200. The next week $1200 so pretty big swings.

You try and guesstimate as best you can but its not the same. My wife is salary. It's easy as hell to tell her put 10% in your 401k you'll max it out last week of the year. Drivers can't do that.
But I'm not a full time driver so that doesn't apply to me.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'm not salary but I get the same hours every week. 7 hours Saturday air and around 18 through the week. So what if I get 23 hours one week and 28 hours the next week it's all an average

Let's say you make $20/hr so the math will be such that even you will understand it.

23 hours @ $20/hr is $460. $100/$460 = .2173 which is 21.73%

28 hours @ $20/hr is $560 $100/$560 = .1785 which is 17.85%

Unless you are adjusting your contribution percentage on a weekly basis there is no way that you contributing exactly $100 per week to your 401k.