Did you splurge on anything

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
long-sofa-earthy-wall-color-earthy-floor-giant-TV.jpg

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
And I see girls wo are 22/23 go out and get trashed on the weekends while they have a two year old at home. My generation is not solid
it is probably fair to say that men of this age are exactly the same. in an age where anything goes.....everything does. mainly old fashion values.

UPSGUY72

We bought a house but no didn't splurge really.

I've seen drivers go buy Lexus and Audi and Denali trucks the day they hit day 31. Not the brightest.

There is a new guy that been driving for about a year. He single and young must of wanted to impress the chicks and brought himself a used BMW for $18,000. A couple of months later he spent at least another $5,000 on repairs.

I told him expensive car are like boats all they do is cost you money especially when you buy them used.

rod

Retired 22 years
Yeah, but what was top wage? $15/hr?

$6.75 an hour was top. The wife made $3.25 an hour working for the State. The first year we saved $10,000 and bought a 3 bedroom house on a nice lake for $18,000. My house payments were $98 a month. That included property taxes and insurance.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
$6.75 an hour was top. The wife made $3.25 an hour working for the State. The first year we saved $10,000 and bought a 3 bedroom house on a nice lake for $18,000. My house payments were $98 a month. That included property taxes and insurance.
When you factor inflation we're really not making much more than that today, maybe like a $1.25 more in actual buying power.