diesel trucks

Indecisi0n

You guys get good heat from your diesel trucks? I got my truck pulled for something and was given a diesel and the heat is horrible.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
My hydraulic hybrid sucks in terms of heat output. They have a deal with Cummins engine manufacturers to maintain a certain temp on the engine before the hydraulic portion is able to be used off and on. When the hydraulic takes over the engine cuts off the little heat that it was producing goes away in 5 seconds.

Future

Victory Ride
You guys get good heat from your diesel trucks? I got my truck pulled for something and was given a diesel and the heat is horrible.
Heat? Heat? Your worried about heat?.......If you where working to full potential there would be no time to feel the heat!!!!(Extreme sarcasm included for your pleasure!)

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
The heat should be descent, although if the diesel is older than your regular PC, it could have other issues.
Does the blower motor push a good amount of air?
They don't seem to blow the volume the gas package cars do.
With my personal truck, a Ford diesel, the heat sucked. It was the blend door actuator.
Could also be as simple as low coolant level.

Indecisi0n

Trust me it blows great..... sorry had to.

It blows hard but it's that the air isn't always hot . In the gas trucks there are times where I need to turn the heat down.

Future

Victory Ride

It blows hard but it's that the air isn't always hot . In the gas trucks there are times where I need to turn the heat down.
Not sure what part of the world you drive in, but in extreme cold conditions(-30 Etc) those diesels just dont put out the heat!

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Correct me if I'm wrong but diesel engines burn at lower temps so the wasted energy (heat) is lower producing a more efficient use of the fuel (read gas mileage)?

S

selfcancelsignal

Absolutely not. I spose if I'd check the antifreeze & fill it, it'd be better.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality

The new gas jobs are great all around. I'd say it's one of the 2 things I mentioned. Blend door, or coolant low

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Diesels are slow to build heat partially because of the quantity of coolant and the mass of the engine, which is mostly iron. With the heater on max and the engine off so frequently(often before it ever reaches operating temp), it is common to not have any heat to speak of in cold weather.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Diesels are slow to build heat partially because of the quantity of coolant and the mass of the engine, which is mostly iron. With the heater on max and the engine off so frequently(often before it ever reaches operating temp), it is common to not have any heat to speak of in cold weather.

My Freightliner wasn't too bad. Smaller block on a rural route. My old International V8 ran all day, every day in the cold.