Differences in contracts

dillweed

It will be interesting to see just what differences show up between the NMA and those of 705/710. So far we've heard from our Union rep that pt insurance will be better and that's about it. Everything else has just been rumors.

Mike Hawk

First off no one ever wanted to strike, but we were prepared to strike to protect what we have. It was a long two month process with nothing getting done until the very early hours this morning. We accepted a handshake agreement before start time for our package car drivers so they could inform the customers that we reached an agreement. Load stand you can piss on out of here because you obviously had no idea what we were fighting for. Heres some of the agreements.

All ftime jobs created from 1997 through this agreement are protected from elimination,
Any feeder driver that gets laid off now can bump anywere in the 705 juristication (previously it was within district),
Any employee that gets laid off will maintain their current rate of pay,
any fulltimer can bid into any other ftime job up or down in pay,
No subcontracting of any work if we have union employees willing to do and available hours (this is huge),
We will regain the cross country feeder work,
triple time for 9.5 with no opt in or out list,
A letter of understanding in the contract detailing that air drivers cannot deliver or pick up grounds,
no 2 tier pay scales for anyone (everyone in the classification will make the same), no ptime package drivers (which was offered by the company),
expedited arbitration ( anyone that is disciplined and goes to panel will have an arbitrator sitting there and will make a decision if the two sides deadlock on the spot)
an additional week of vacation for 30 years of service and an extra optional day for all employees,
stronger swing driver language detailing seniority rights,
We retain our seniority language compared to the companies proposal,

We received the same economic proposal that the national received and improved on alot of our language protecting our jobs, work place rights, and contract enforcement. We also do not have act of god or emergency conditions language under article 3 section 7 for sups working, they are not allowed to work period.

As i have said it was never about the money, and i would like to thank those of you that have supported us through out these talks. I am spent and plan on spending some time with my family over the next few days. Also im very impressed with the solidarity of all of my fellow brothers and sisters in 705 that supported all of us on the negotiating committee and i only hope that you understand that we addressed alot of issues without giving up anything! No jobs were traded away, no one was sold out as in the 2 tier pay scales and we as 705 upsers can stand proud. I hope that we on the committee represented you and all of your concerns. Red

705red's post. 710 got the NMA with $.10 extra in raises, plus an increase in feeder mileage I think.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Maybe the guys at tdu can do a side by side comparison of all contracts and supplements so we can compare to. I will send an email to them today.

tieguy

Banned
Maybe the guys at tdu can do a side by side comparison of all contracts and supplements so we can compare to. I will send an email to them today.

Any luck? Take a step back from our normal fun and frolics and look at your unions efforts to keep its members informed. they did a great job of posting the early information that really meant nothing. they did a great job of posting the saber rattling call for a strike vote and the strike vote results. But once the offers are finalized we have nothing to look at?

Bloodybrown

Any luck? Take a step back from our normal fun and frolics and look at your unions efforts to keep its members informed. they did a great job of posting the early information that really meant nothing. they did a great job of posting the saber rattling call for a strike vote and the strike vote results. But once the offers are finalized we have nothing to look at?

Hmmm !!...good point.......its been over a week......maybe the leadership at 705 went on vacation!!!....fishing maybe??

705red

Browncafe Steward
http://www.teamsterslocal705.org/ups_tentative_agreement.htm

The contract is now online. It took some time to clean it up and finalize some details. The committee went throught it yesterday and voted to accept it as our tentative agreement and now its with the printers to send out to the members to be voted on.

I did hear that 710 did accept the ptime package car drivers language. This is truley disappointing and i feel for the ptimers in 710 that will have to wait forever to go into permanent package car.

tieguy

Banned

The contract is now online. It took some time to clean it up and finalize some details. The committee went throught it yesterday and voted to accept it as our tentative agreement and now its with the printers to send out to the members to be voted on.

I did hear that 710 did accept the ptime package car drivers language. This is truley disappointing and i feel for the ptimers in 710 that will have to wait forever to go into permanent package car.

with the will/shall thing again. were there any instances where a contract violation was deemed to have happened because the contract read will rather then shall?

LU710

Just to clear the air because I know that there are all kinds of rumors. We did not accept anything that had anything to do with part time drivers!

tieguy

Banned
Just to clear the air because I know that there are all kinds of rumors. We did not accept anything that had anything to do with part time drivers!

In my opinion its a matter of time in contracts before you have part time drivers. The customers work day could easily range from 7 am to 9 pm. If you don't want full time drivers working the big days then you may have to find some part time driver language you can live with.

Mike Hawk

And why would a customer being open at 9:00 PM affect UPS? Trailers are pulled, no point in a pickup and what customer wants their delivery at 9:00 PM?

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
And why would a customer being open at 9:00 PM affect UPS? Trailers are pulled, no point in a pickup and what customer wants their delivery at 9:00 PM?

Some customers what the packages off their docks even if they are not moving in the UPS system. If the customer is big enough they get a Saturday p/u for ground. The union said it's OK just so a supervisor isn't doing it!

To partly agree with Tie,on the pickup part, we have customers that have pickups around the clock especially at the Cach. Money talks and if theres enough to be made it will be picked up.

browned out

Tieguy or anyone else who has the time/. Red has pointed out many improvements in the 705 contract so can someone point out where it is not better than the national

babboo25

Banned
I am in 710, we now have 3 option days. We can now break up our option week into seperate days. Not sure if that's the same anywhere else. Atleast in our center 705 has lost alot of respect, they threatened a strike and settled for the same thing we did.

I am in 710, we now have 3 option days. We can now break up our option week into seperate days. Not sure if that's the same anywhere else. Atleast in our center 705 has lost alot of respect, they threatened a strike and settled for the same thing we did.

And to retort,it really breaks us up that you guys don`t like us. Does that mean you guys will put together your own sets,jack your own trailers,and give back the new tractors,for starters?

Mike Hawk

Amazing! This poster has managed to acquire a computer and post on the internet, but lacks the intelligence to scroll up and see the differences in the 705 contract. Had he done so he would have realized his argument has no merit and not posted it, thus making him look like an idiot!

(Sounds best when said in an Australian accent.)

Mike Hawk

To partly agree with Tie,on the pickup part, we have customers that have pickups around the clock especially at the Cach. Money talks and if theres enough to be made it will be picked up.
If they are generating enough volume to be picked up round the clock it would be by feeder right? Feeders have staggered start times to my understanding, so scheduling them later or earlier is not an issue that warrants PT drivers.