Different day starts in package.

barnyard

KTM rider
We have combo jobs that are Tuesday-Saturday. This week, 5 very low seniority drivers were scheduled for Tuesday-Saturday.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
In my Center we have at least four AM air drivers.

They run EAM's, come back to the building, gather the overflow NDA that the route drivers can't logistically handle, and then drive all over God's creation chasing misloads.

Good times.
We've got at least a dozen AM air drivers and they can get a lot of hours between EAM, NDA, and shuttling left in buildings and misloads. I just found it odd his AM air drivers work Tuesday-Saturday. Someone's gotta be delivering EAM's on Monday right?

We're supposed to have dedicated Saturday air drivers but almost all of them are M-friend air drivers, TCD's, or low seniority FT. Lots of easy money to be made on Saturday here if you want it (most people don't for some reason).

Last edited:

By The Book

We've got at least a dozen AM air drivers and they can get a lot of hours between EAM, NDA, and shuttling left in buildings and misloads. I just found it odd his AM air drivers work Tuesday-Saturday. Someone's gotta be delivering EAM's on Monday right?

We're supposed to have dedicated Saturday air drivers but almost all of them are M-friend air drivers, TCD's, or low seniority FT. Lots of easy money to be made on Saturday here if you want it (most people don't for some reason).
The Monday's EAM'S are driven up on the Saturday air drivers truck. No plane on Mondays.....I think that's what I heard a while back. I guess they could come in the trailers also.

barnyard

KTM rider
Our Monday EAMs are done by regular FT people. We start 25 minutes early because all our air comes in on feeders, no planes to wait for. With the early start, getting an EAM off, plus regular air is usually not tough to do on our bid routes.

The reason I asked is in local 177 we don't have Tuesday to Saturday routes that are for ground Delivery only. Drivers in seniority order are working Saturdays as their 6th day to deliver ground and no air for company's like Amazon and they make time in a half on but not if it's their 5th days work they would get straight time. Also so if company's like Amazon want Ups to deliver ground on Sunday's in local 177 it's double time! Which means you might see Sunday to Thursday routes in package to cut out the the double time. It seems the company wants to cut cost. Also the company just started to post them. Being told by shop stews that they will file because there is language in 177 that you can make a job like that. Also told that other locals have this language. Figured if so its just going to happen soon.

ManInBrown

I'm in 177. We have a couple drivers who are Tues-Sst but they do not deliver ground on Saturday. NDA's and then they do a few bulk pickups. A couple UPS stores or Staples.

I would not work Tues-Sat for triple time on Saturdays. My weekends are my time. I could never do it. And hopefully I don't ever have to

I'm in 177. We have a couple drivers who are Tues-Sst but they do not deliver ground on Saturday. NDA's and then they do a few bulk pickups. A couple UPS stores or Staples.

I would not work Tues-Sat for triple time on Saturdays. My weekends are my time. I could never do it. And hopefully I don't ever have to
In my center they deliver ground on saturday and they can't do air routes unless air drivers are not available. If you take a Tuesday to Saturday route it's straight because it's 5 days work.

By The Book

The reason I asked is in local 177 we don't have Tuesday to Saturday routes that are for ground Delivery only. Drivers in seniority order are working Saturdays as their 6th day to deliver ground and no air for company's like Amazon and they make time in a half on but not if it's their 5th days work they would get straight time. Also so if company's like Amazon want Ups to deliver ground on Sunday's in local 177 it's double time! Which means you might see Sunday to Thursday routes in package to cut out the the double time. It seems the company wants to cut cost. Also the company just started to post them. Being told by shop stews that they will file because there is language in 177 that you can make a job like that. Also told that other locals have this language. Figured if so its just going to happen soon.
If these drivers who are on a Monday thru Friday schedule work Saturday as their 5th day may be entitled to time and a half. If your supplement language reads that way. I heard of someone in another local who had this schedule, had a sick day during the week and worked Saturday, he was paid time and a half. It came in on a live check, or green check.

If these drivers who are on a Monday thru Friday schedule work Saturday as their 5th day may be entitled to time and a half. If your supplement language reads that way. I heard of someone in another local who had this schedule, had a sick day during the week and worked Saturday, he was paid time and a half. It came in on a live check, or green check.
It seems that in the next contract we will see Sunday to Thursday and Tuesday to Saturday routes. Can't stop it when the company wants to expand. Can't stop it forever.