Different day starts in package.

ManInBrown

It seems that in the next contract we will see Sunday to Thursday and Tuesday to Saturday routes. Can't stop it when the company wants to expand. Can't stop it forever.
So how do you think that would work exactly? They could take any driver they want and make them Tues-Sat? Or would it be drivers who made seniority after a certain date would be affected? I would be livid if I was forced to work Tues-Sat.

So how do you think that would work exactly? They could take any driver they want and make them Tues-Sat? Or would it be drivers who made seniority after a certain date would be affected? I would be livid if I was forced to work Tues-Sat.
In local 177, if the route goes up for bid and no one takes it the lowest senior driver in that center get's stuck with it. I would guess that is how it would happen if they added the swing day shift work language.

Last edited:

By The Book

In local 177, if the route goes up for bid and no one takes it the lowest senior driver in that center get's stuck with it. I would guess that is how it would happen if they added the swing day shift work language.
Usually there is contract language that says anyone on a Monday thru Friday start schedule can't be forced onto a Tuesday thru Saturday start schedule. I would think the full time person who hasn't attained seniority could be forced, this could apply to part time people also.

Last edited: