Different Presidents, Different Troops

Sammie

The Marines Greet W.

Oh Yeah, and Obama, too...

[video=youtube;xIHz5tevLAw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIHz5tevLAw&eurl[/video]

Any questions?

chev

Nightcrawler
:rofl:
Our troops are no dummies. They are smart enough to differentiate a genuine man from one looking for a press opportunity.
Way to win em over Obama. I could swear I heard a pin drop when O entered. What a joke.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Well, it's two entirely different situations. The scene with George Bush was obviously a much more informal setting and the troops were being encouraged to show their support and be vocal by their commanders. The clip with Obama was clearly a different and more formal venue, the president entered to the sounds of "Hail to the Chief" and the troops were standing at attention which would preclude them from saying anything at all. You're supposed to be able to "hear a pin drop" that's the whole idea. This is not uncommon and Bush did the exact same thing quite a few times during his tenure. If you literally had nothing better to do (like the makers of this particular clip) you could probably cobble together some video of Obama shooting hoops and horsing around with the troops at Bagram and then contrast it with Bush talking a bunch of troops standing at attention and claim the opposite. It would be just as disengenous and silly.

diesel96

I see no problem Marines cheering their Commander-in-Chief with enthusiasm. Problem is the pointless video that makes you feel good is during the Obama portion the soldiers are standing at attention. But if this is what you want to believe, knock yourselves out....lol

UPSNewbie

Well, it's two entirely different situations. The scene with George Bush was obviously a much more informal setting and the troops were being encouraged to show their support and be vocal by their commanders. The clip with Obama was clearly a different and more formal venue, the president entered to the sounds of "Hail to the Chief" and the troops were standing at attention which would preclude them from saying anything at all. You're supposed to be able to "hear a pin drop" that's the whole idea. This is not uncommon and Bush did the exact same thing quite a few times during his tenure. If you literally had nothing better to do (like the makers of this particular clip) you could probably cobble together some video of Obama shooting hoops and horsing around with the troops at Bagram and then contrast it with Bush talking a bunch of troops standing at attention and claim the opposite. It would be just as disengenous and silly.

I see no problem Marines cheering their Commander-in-Chief with enthusiasm. Problem is the pointless video that makes you feel good is during the Obama portion the soldiers are standing at attention. But if this is what you want to believe, knock yourselves out....lol

Agreed. That video is a pitiful excuse for a cut at Obama.

tieguy

Banned
Whats the big deal? The troops know that Bush was a big supporter of thiers and know that Obama dispises the military. The conditions of these two photo ops could have been different but lets look at it realistically. The troops would have given Bush a warm show of support if allowed to do so. They would not do the same for Obama. Obama will cut them down to the bone when he gets the opportunity.

over9five

Staff member
I agree that the different venues would result in different levels of applause.

But c'mon! The applause for Obama was just barely enough to be polite. They dissed him bad. You can even hear the newscaster at the end saying the applause was "tepid".

diesel96

Whats the big deal? The troops know that Bush was a big supporter of thiers and know that Obama dispises the military. The conditions of these two photo ops could have been different but lets look at it realistically. The troops would have given Bush a warm show of support if allowed to do so. They would not do the same for Obama. Obama will cut them down to the bone when he gets the opportunity.

Realistically, that was so emotional....."How emotional was it ?"

"That was so emotional, it even made liberals cry"...

"uh-uh, the troops like my president better than yours"...:tt2:

:rofl:
Our troops are no dummies. They are smart enough to differentiate a genuine man from one looking for a press opportunity.
Way to win em over Obama. I could swear I heard a pin drop when O entered. What a joke.

"It would be just as disengenous and silly" if I posted this statement. I

would probably "run and hide" from this thread....lol... At what point does your gullability force field wave a red flag...:rofl:

diesel96

Speaking of the military,

Tiger Woods received an invitation to speak
at the latest Presidential inauguration, which the media very conveniently swept under the rug, as his inviters probably didn't hear what they thought they would.

Instead of paying homage to Obama, Tiger paid tribute to our soldiers.

Period.

Here we go with the, "we love the troops more than you routine".
If you take off your rose color sunglasses, you will see that we all support the troops our own unique way. Some vocally, some by mega-phone and flag waving, and some by political, charitable, and voluntary action. But most object throwing them into a meatgrinder over foreign policies lacking integrety. And don't get me started about freeing up funds and benefits for veterans care when they come home missing limbs and with their brains scrambled.
Ask Tiger if we should taken our eye off the ball :golfball: (Osama/Afgh)
and invade Iraq under false pretenses in the first place.
He did give a "shout out" to Lincoln which made have perturb some here, espescially our Southern friends...

Sammie, it would be interesting to hear your comment about the first video, and how you came to your conclusion. But instead, you start another frivolous video and put a spin on that as well. One more frivolous video and thats three strikes your out ! :baseballplayer:
After only a month and a half, It's troublesome too see how many people hate the President, don't want him to succeed, and would be willing to drag this country down the drain to see that he does. Many here don't understand, besides fighting in Iraq and Afgh, we are in an economic war here at home as well, and if the President fails as many of you wish, we ALL fail....don't you get it...I would not want to be in trench warfare with some of you guys who wish for failure, guarding my back.....nuff said.

Sammie

Here we go with the, "we love the troops more than you routine". Ask Tiger if we should taken our eye off the ball and invade Iraq under false pretenses in the first place.

Tiger's not a politician, therefore he's not the one to answer this question.

Sammie, it would be interesting to hear your comment about the first video, and how you came to your conclusion. But instead, you start another frivolous video and put a spin on that as well. One more frivolous video and thats three strikes your out!

God forgive me, but I chuckled. I'm sure there's footage of troops burning down the house for Obama, I just haven't seen it yet.
There's one point I want to make here, Diesel. I'm a conservative Repub who takes jabs at liberal Dems, as do political cartoonists and newspaper columnists, who will rake in fat paychecks by making fun of Obama and printing unfair statements about him every day for the next four years. Are you writing letters to the editors to get them to stop?

We live in a country with free press (well, at least a left leaning free press) and free speech, which includes putting "spins" on current events and shedding improper light on circumstances. I do not hope that Obama is unsuccessful, but I will poke fun at him as he heads the opposing party to my views. I'm in a forum here having a little political fun, the same as I do in e mails with my pals and dinner parties in my home. My daughter is a die hard Dem who thinks O. walks on water. One of my buddies, a single mom, gave so much $$$ to O.'s campaign that she came close to financial disaster. Another, who lives in D.C., was invited to and attended The Aloha Inaugural Ball, where she met the man himself. Don't think I don't tangle with these ladies, but we agree to disagree.

After only a month and a half, It's troublesome too see how many people hate the President, don't want him to succeed, and would be willing to drag this country down the drain to see that he does. Many here don't understand, besides fighting in Iraq and Afgh, we are in an economic war here at home as well, and if the President fails as many of you wish, we ALL fail....don't you get it...I would not want to be in trench warfare with some of you guys who wish for failure, guarding my back.....nuff said.

Thanks for bringing this up. Apparently you're offended. So am I. No matter what Bush did, or what happened in the world, the press and the public were convinced that he was a failure. There was quite a load on his shoulders and no, he didn't get it all right. Neither will Obama. You've got Illegals. Terrorism. The World Bank. Iraq. Afghanistan. North Korea. Iran. Pakistan. OPEC. The Israeli-Palestinian peace process. Health care. U.S. Borders. AIDS. Energy. Africa. China. Taiwan. Japan. India. Brazil. The '90's deregulation that took lending away from local banks and gave it to mortgage brokers and Wall Street. A horrible economic mess based on a culture of greed, instant gratification, selfish disregard for others, and countless Americans who expect the government to handle their needs. If you were the Pres, how would you have juggled it? What you would have done differently, better?

tieguy

Banned
Here we go with the, "we love the troops more than you routine".
If you take off your rose color sunglasses, you will see that we all support the troops our own unique way. Some vocally, some by mega-phone and flag waving, and some by political, charitable, and voluntary action. But most object throwing them into a meatgrinder over foreign policies lacking integrety. And don't get me started about freeing up funds and benefits for veterans care when they come home missing limbs and with their brains scrambled.
Ask Tiger if we should taken our eye off the ball :golfball: (Osama/Afgh)
and invade Iraq under false pretenses in the first place.
He did give a "shout out" to Lincoln which made have perturb some here, espescially our Southern friends...

Sammie, it would be interesting to hear your comment about the first video, and how you came to your conclusion. But instead, you start another frivolous video and put a spin on that as well. One more frivolous video and thats three strikes your out ! :baseballplayer:

Its been interesting watching Obama reneg on so many campaign promises in such a short time period. We know it will happen eventually with all candidates. But be careful. If you keep defending him at the rate he is currently screwing up then you may end up passing moreluck on the number of posts you make. If you're going down that road then at least serve up a good recipe for meatballs.:happy-very:

chev

Nightcrawler
Realistically, that was so emotional....."How emotional was it ?"

"That was so emotional, it even made liberals cry"...

"uh-uh, the troops like my president better than yours"...:tt2:

"It would be just as disengenous and silly" if I posted this statement. I

would probably "run and hide" from this thread....lol... At what point does your gullability force field wave a red flag...:rofl:
:sleeping2: Just not worth it.

diesel96

Its been interesting watching Obama reneg on so many campaign promises in such a short time period. We know it will happen eventually with all candidates. But be careful. If you keep defending him at the rate he is currently screwing up then you may end up passing moreluck on the number of posts you make. If you're going down that road then at least serve up a good recipe for meatballs.:happy-very:

Obama has kept his share of promises more than your led to believe.....Anyway, it's not so much defending Obama, more like correcting mis-representations and mis-information "gone wild".

So being that there will continue to be more mis-information spread on this site, here's my recipe....BTW, I've limited my meat intake dramatically so here you go...from Muscle Mag : Great fiber and protein
Are you listening "Feeder Drivers"...

Chick Pea Burger :

Ingredients
- 3/4 lb carrot
- 1-2 garlic cloves chopped
-1 lg can of chickpeas (19oz) -
or 2 small cans
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- salt and pepper
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- oil (for frying)
- whole wheat bread (cut off edges)
- 1 tomato
- 1 red onion

With a Food processer or small chopper
-chop carrots set aside
-chop garlic set aside
-drain and rinse chickpeas and place in processor with garlic, ground spices, salt and pepper.
- process to a rough paste, then add carrot, egg, flour and process briefly till evenly mixed
-form into 3 lrg burgers or 6 small burgers
- fry in oil 3-5 minutes each side and
drain on paper towel.
- toast bread, serve with slice of
tamato, onion, and mayo.
Enjoy, and don't feel guilty about having seconds.....

Last edited:

moreluck

golden ticket member
OH wow !! You couldn't have picked something I hate worse than chick peas (garbanza beans) except for maybe calves lives. EWWWWWWWWWWW!!! :knockedout:

chev

Nightcrawler
Obama has kept his share of promises more than your led to believe.....Anyway, it's not so much defending Obama, more like correcting mis-representations and mis-information "gone wild".

So being that there will continue to be more mis-information spread on this site, here's my recipe....BTW, I've limited my meat intake dramatically so here you go...from Muscle Mag : Great fiber and protein
Are you listening "Feeder Drivers"...

Chick Pea Burger :

Ingredients
- 3/4 lb carrot
- 1-2 garlic cloves chopped
-1 lg can of chickpeas (19oz) -
or 2 small cans
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- salt and pepper
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- oil (for frying)
- whole wheat bread (cut off edges)
- 1 tomato
- 1 red onion

With a Food processer or small chopper
-chop carrots set aside
-chop garlic set aside
-drain and rinse chickpeas and place in processor with garlic, ground spices, salt and pepper.
- process to a rough paste, then add carrot, egg, flour and process briefly till evenly mixed
-form into 3 lrg burgers or 6 small burgers
- fry in oil 3-5 minutes each side and
drain on paper towel.
- toast bread, serve with slice of
tamato, onion, and mayo.
Enjoy, and don't feel guilty about having seconds.....
mmmmmm. Can we add a side of cardboard to go with that? Sorry, it sounds nasty dude.:sick: