Difficult Customers

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
With customers like that, I agree with them and kiss the ring, but I blame the "company rules" or "shipper restrictions" as the reason why I can't do something like enter the house. This way, we are both on the same side and can find some agreement. The delivery to the rear door seems like a good compromise.

The funniest thing is the OJS, when some punk supervisor thinks they are going to change things with this type of customer. Good luck with that!

brown metal coffin

I would go with the part where your on car even agreed not to go into anybodies home. Now your under the umbrella of working as directed. That customer can get so mad that he could spit rocks but that no longer is your concern. Let him call the 800 number till he is blue in the face and he try and explain why he is so special.

So many things could go wrong: He could claim; you stole something, you let the dog out, you left the door unlocked and someone then robbed him, you broke something, neighbors could call police saying your breaking and entering... The list goes on and on. I would not do it and its corporate policy to boot.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
I don't have any stops like this at all (apparently the ghetto is the BOG/Puppytown in this thread) but when I was a cover driver I dropped this line from the re-make of Ocean's Eleven a few times when I was asked why I wouldn't bring/place something inside:

"Insurance for one. Security. But, most of all, I just don't trust you".

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I searched but could not find any threads on this subject....

Do any of you have that one customer who simply drives you crazy? I have this residential customer who is quickly becoming a serious PITA. He is a retired postal worker so I don't know if he has a grudge against us or not but his delivery "requirements" far exceed what we are required to provide. His home is a perfect front door driver release yet he insists that we deliver everything to his back door, which is actually located on a side street. No problem---I drive down that street, turn around in the first driveway on the right, pull up to his house, DR BD. Normally he is not home (thank goodness) but last time he was there and he told me that I am to open his back door and put everything inside of his house. I told him that I do not feel comfortable going in to his home and that all deliveries would be made per his request to his rear door and that they would be bagged in case of inclement weather. I had an S&V ride on Tuesday and discussed this stop with my on-car, who agreed that we should not be going in to customers' homes. Anyway, I received an ODS yesterday reminding me that all deliveries to this house are to be made to the rear door. I am to the point where I am seriously considering putting this guy on will call.

My question to you: Should I give in to the customers "requests" and open the rear door to his home and place the packages inside his home or should I stick to my guns and continue to place the packages out of sight and weather at his rear door per his request?
I would leave it all at the front door anyway. Lol

I'm going round and round with a dock delivery who tells me he has to seperate and inventory everything before he will sign for deliveries. Last time I put it all back on the truck
And sheeted NR1. Next time it's refused.

I simply do not have time for
Idiots slowing me down.

tourists24

Id say deliver to the back door only. You're opening yourself up to problems by going inside someone's home, especially someone who already has an attitude

PT Car Washer

I would leave it all at the front door anyway. Lol

I'm going round and round with a dock delivery who tells me he has to seperate and inventory everything before he will sign for deliveries. Last time I put it all back on the truck
And sheeted NR1. Next time it's refused.

I simply do not have time for
Idiots slowing me down.
How did that go over? Ctr. manager have your back?

rod

Retired 22 years
I think he should quit wasting company time and deliver this customers packages in the evening in his own personal car on his own time like he has admitted to doing before. You people do realize that if anyone else had posted about this problem old upyours would be all over them telling them about how "it should be done".