Difficult time backing

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by Mr Shifter, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Mr Shifter

Mr Shifter Active Member

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. It will be fine

It will be fine Well-Known Member

That's some bad driving. What kind of :censored2: stands there and tapes it though? I'm sure his packages will be treated well.
  3. Operational needs

Operational needs Well-Known Member

Wow! Even without any mirrors or camera I could have done that easily. That's crazy!
  4. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

I have seen UPS trainees as bad. A couple of them it was obvious would never qualify but they were given the full 30 days first. They couldn't discriminate against the black woman for one and they had other reasons to be very careful about getting rid of the others.
  5. BigTex61

BigTex61 Active Member

There should be a minimal skill set to be hired to drive. Same kind of new employees at express. We have some new people that can't read maps, and get lost getting back to station. Unbelievable.
  6. ch317273

ch317273 When your bank says no, champion says YES

7. ch317273

ch317273 When your bank says no, champion says YES

8. Operational needs

They used to have the Basic Skills Test. Supposedly, FedEx was sued, the test was found to be discriminatory, and they got rid of the test. When I was interviewed many years ago, I had to prove that I could read a map.
  9. retiredTxfeeder

retiredTxfeeder cap'n crunch

When someone is trained in feeders, that is probably the one biggest thing that holds them back. You just gotta keep practicing and one day a light bulb will go off. I got it! It will just come to you. I was lucky because as a kid we had a boat, and my dad used to let me back it up at the boat ramp and he would drive the boat off and onto the trailer. When my son got old enough, he did the same. It paid off since he is a shifter at the yard I worked in and caught on very quickly.
  10. Operational needs

When I was being trained to drive tractor trailers, I remember doing same backing maneuver over and over and over, til it felt like my right leg was going to fall off. Lol
  11. dezguy

dezguy Well-Known Member

Our station just hired someone who is probably worse than that. She has backed into the two trucks parked on either side of her, has rubbed the poles that are next to the bay door on multiple occasions and sideswiped one of the support columns in our sta. How she still has a job at FedEx is beyond me.
  12. sportsjock

sportsjock Member

Well when I did my driver training for UPS backing was part of the training. Some people are just horrible drivers period
  13. Purplepackage

Purplepackage Well-Known Member

Can you imagine him backing into his spot between 2 trucks in the station? They must have someone who parks it for him.
  14. BigTex61

BigTex61 Active Member

Fedex has had to lower the bar bigtime to get people to work here.
  15. Purplepackage

Purplepackage Well-Known Member

People rub bumpers all the time in station and never say anything about it they just hop out make sure the bumpers are on and leave the building
  16. Express Courier

Express Courier Active Member

That dude has to be drunk or hungover imo. lol did he toss his powerpad out the door?
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  17. Operational needs

Ha! It's already been lowered at my station.
  18. fedex_rtd

fedex_rtd Active Member

Man, that's a crapy backing job by that GROUND driver, but in his defense it is hard to back into a dark shaded area from bright sunlight.
  19. BigTex61

BigTex61 Active Member

It's express too, at our station anyway!
  20. ImWaitingForTheDay

ImWaitingForTheDay Annoy a conservative....Think for yourself

I'm surprised that reverse actually works....