Difficult time backing

oldngray

nowhere special
I have seen UPS trainees as bad. A couple of them it was obvious would never qualify but they were given the full 30 days first. They couldn't discriminate against the black woman for one and they had other reasons to be very careful about getting rid of the others.

BigTex61

There should be a minimal skill set to be hired to drive. Same kind of new employees at express. We have some new people that can't read maps, and get lost getting back to station. Unbelievable.

ch317273

When your bank says no, champion says YES
image.jpg

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
There should be a minimal skill set to be hired to drive. Same kind of new employees at express. We have some new people that can't read maps, and get lost getting back to station. Unbelievable.

They used to have the Basic Skills Test. Supposedly, FedEx was sued, the test was found to be discriminatory, and they got rid of the test. When I was interviewed many years ago, I had to prove that I could read a map.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
When someone is trained in feeders, that is probably the one biggest thing that holds them back. You just gotta keep practicing and one day a light bulb will go off. I got it! It will just come to you. I was lucky because as a kid we had a boat, and my dad used to let me back it up at the boat ramp and he would drive the boat off and onto the trailer. When my son got old enough, he did the same. It paid off since he is a shifter at the yard I worked in and caught on very quickly.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
When someone is trained in feeders, that is probably the one biggest thing that holds them back. You just gotta keep practicing and one day a light bulb will go off. I got it! It will just come to you. I was lucky because as a kid we had a boat, and my dad used to let me back it up at the boat ramp and he would drive the boat off and onto the trailer. When my son got old enough, he did the same. It paid off since he is a shifter at the yard I worked in and caught on very quickly.

When I was being trained to drive tractor trailers, I remember doing same backing maneuver over and over and over, til it felt like my right leg was going to fall off. Lol

dezguy

Our station just hired someone who is probably worse than that. She has backed into the two trucks parked on either side of her, has rubbed the poles that are next to the bay door on multiple occasions and sideswiped one of the support columns in our sta. How she still has a job at FedEx is beyond me.

BigTex61

Our station just hired someone who is probably worse than that. She has backed into the two trucks parked on either side of her, has rubbed the poles that are next to the bay door on multiple occasions and sideswiped one of the support columns in our sta. How she still has a job at FedEx is beyond me.
Fedex has had to lower the bar bigtime to get people to work here.

fedex_rtd

Man, that's a crapy backing job by that GROUND driver, but in his defense it is hard to back into a dark shaded area from bright sunlight.