Difficult time backing

dezguy

Man, that was some high quality driving right there.

Just think, we're on the road daily with people like this...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Man, that's a crapy backing job by that GROUND driver, but in his defense it is hard to back into a dark shaded area from bright sunlight.

We had a driver in his 30 day who was disqualified for an accident while trying to back in to the building. He was going from bright sunshine to a dark shaded area. He should have either moved one of the parked pkg cars or asked for help. He was sent back to the preload and has since qualified and is a cover driver.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I would have to be unconscious to back that poorly.

That's about right. I don't even think he was using his mirrors. It's like he was parking using the Braille Method. Note that he never did get it parked properly, but just left it in the center of the lot. And people wonder why we poke fun at Ground.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Instead of practicing the old, time-wasting GOAL method, this guy was employing the new, more efficient KBTISE (Keep Backing Til It Sounds Expensive) one.

with how bright the sun is that dock would be a black hole for the mirrors and camera. He should've just got out and got a game plan instead of just guessing

NonyaBiznes

Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!
I ha seen UPS trainees as bad. A couple of them it was obvious would never qualify but they were given the full 30 days first. They couldn't discriminate against the black woman for one and they had other reasons to be very careful about getting rid of the others.

Is this a white guy? Wonder if he was fired? And no you can't discriminate against the black woman, white woman, black guy, white guy or anyone else!

There should be a minimal skill set to be hired to drive. Same kind of new employees at express. We have some new people that can't read maps, and get lost getting back to station. Unbelievable.
I don't think Ground has to take any type of driving class. If you see the way they drive it's obvious they didn't teach them backing techniques.

Our station just hired someone who is probably worse than that. She has backed into the two trucks parked on either side of her, has rubbed the poles that are next to the bay door on multiple occasions and sideswiped one of the support columns in our sta. How she still has a job at FedEx is beyond me.
The manager didn't make her go back to driving school?

People rub bumpers all the time in station and never say anything about it they just hop out make sure the bumpers are on and leave the building
One night the new CTV driver didn't account for the length of the trailer and turned too sharp. She took out part of the building and a concrete poll. I didn't see her anymore after that.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Its not his fault, the trucks not an ambi turner
download (1).jpg

whenIgetthere

We had a new CTV driver come in about a year ago. He pulls into the parking lot, gets out and asks me to back it into the dock, says it's too sharp a turn for him. I told him to go see a manager since I don't have a CDL-A.