Difficulty contacting UPS retirement center

W

want to retire

A few years back, you could actually speak with a live person about your retirement. A printed booklet was sent out every year with your date and benefits. You now have to apply via internet. THEY WILL NOT SPEAK WITH YOU. My trouble is just getting logged on. The codes and such sent to me don't work. You get 3 tries and you're locked out. Thus, no one to speak to, can't get logged on. I really just want the exact day I'm elligible. The only way seems to be to apply(in writing) and then cancel. Stupid, but since they are unwilling to speak with me on the phone.....

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

...when you go to work on Monday ask your HR person if he/she can help you. That person should be able to make one phone call and get all of the information that you need. Granted, you and I should be able to do the same, but...

brownrod

...when you go to work on Monday ask your HR person if he/she can help you. That person should be able to make one phone call and get all of the information that you need. Granted, you and I should be able to do the same, but...

HR person? haven't seen one since the day I was hired. His office was over 100 miles away from my center...

Catatonic

Nine Lives

HR person? haven't seen one since the day I was hired. His office was over 100 miles away from my center...

It is pretty much a self-serve model now.
Contact your HR person, if you can find them, but they deal with operational exceptions/cases and hiring (maybe).
You pretty much have to deal with a non-UPS person on the other end of the phone these days.

Last edited:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Anybody got the phone number or web address? I'm off next week and I just might try to get through.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It is pretty much a self-serve model now.
Contact your HR person, if you can find them, but they deal with operational exceptions/cases and hiring (maybe).
You pretty much have to deal with a non-person on the other end of the phone these days.

Our HR person covers two centers about 90 miles apart---she is in our center 3 out of 5 days each week.

ymelord

Start running 2, 2 1/2 hrs over each day, and UPS will make sure you have access to what ever information you need to retire. Lot's of luck, hope your able to get out soon.