Direct deposit didn't go thru, what do I do

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Hateworkingaspreload, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Just wanted to start off by saying, hope everyone has a great weekend.

so I had closed my one of my bank accounts on a Wednesday and couldn't change my direct deposit to my new bank in time so they sent it to my closed bank. I called closed bank and double checked and they told me they rejected the direct deposit that was sent on Thursday night, so what should I do now?

Do I tell my preload full time supervisor? Am I still going to get my direct deposit? Is it going to rollover into my other check? What happens now? Will they just send me one check for last week and one for the week coming?

Thanks

2. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

I would call my mother.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  3. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Go to upsers and update your direct deposit information.

4. snarts

snarts Member

Also talk with HR.

5. UpstateNYUPSer

There is no need to talk to HR. The company will switch you back to paper checks until you update your direct deposit information.

6. Box Ox

Box Ox Camacho for President!

Call into your location using the scariest Darth Vader voice you can manage and tell whoever picks up that they'd better straighten out __________'s (your name here) direct deposit account.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  7. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Good boy!

8. olroadbeech

olroadbeech Happy Verified UPSer

you can go to upsers.com and update your info there. that is probably what the payroll and HR office will tell you.

9. dookie stain

dookie stain Well-Known Member

Walk into your center managers office and demand your money....they will tell you it will be here Monday...then the next day...then the next day...for about two weeks...then you file a grievance...then they'll follow you on route a few times...then you'll get your money

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Derail Derail x 1
    • List
  10. UpstateNYUPSer

This is not the company's fault.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. dookie stain

dookie stain Well-Known Member

Sorry Pete didn't read it all you're right..for once...just figured it was a case like mine where I got paid part time rate as a driver for 6 months

12. BrownThunder

BrownThunder Active Member

walk in the hub and backhand the first person you see.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  13. So what about my direct deposit money that was sent back to payroll? Like is that gone? Are they gonna send in a paper check for me this coming week?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  14. AirOnTrace

AirOnTrace Allergic to cardboard.

You'll probably be getting paper checks for a couple of weeks.

15. FilingBluesFL

FilingBluesFL Well-Known Member

I just checked, and YUP.

They deposited it in my account. I was having an ok weekend, but now I'll be having an AWESOME weekend!

Welcome to your future:

16. UpstateNYUPSer

Put down the bottle.

17. UpstateNYUPSer

Yes.

18. BostonBo

BostonBo Active Member

A) Get your direct deposit fixed online, B) tell HR and see what they have to say, and C) don't ever close an account again until you see that the deposits are going into the new account (the changes can take weeks, NOT seconds).

19. UpstateNYUPSer

This brings up an point that I had forgotten to mention earlier. You can set up direct deposit for multiple accounts and the changes are usually complete within two pay periods.

20. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

I recently tried doing that about a month ago on Upsers...adding a second account and it wouldn't let me. How would I do that?

So instead I ended up deleting my old account as soon as my DD went thru for that week and added a new account. My DD for the following week went into my new account, so apparently the change goes into effect pretty quickly now.