Directv Sucks

spuman

I switched to dish network from direct tv,I got 2 dvr's local channels and

four hook ups. Since I didn't want my kid's having it in their room I had him put

one in the garage.I have since run a line out to my fire pit about a 100'

behind my house..nothing like watching a football game or the world series

by the fire with a cooler full of long necks on ice.Does that make me a

redneck or a hillbilly?

Overpaid Union Thug

The sad thing is that Dish Network is really the only other choice and based on how many call tags I get for them every day I'd be pretty nervous about switching to those guys.

Big Babooba

Let me see if I have this right--a Ford Fusion, Mercury Milan or Lincoln MKZ is built on a Mazda 6 platform in Mexico while a Mazda 6 is built entirely in Michigan. Is the Mazda 6 platform made in the US or is it imported? If so, is the Mazda 6 platform exported to Mexico to be used to build American cars while a foreign car is built entirely in the US? I am not trying to be a smart aleck but this doesn't really make sense to me.
I'm scratching my head on this one too. The Mazda is built in the same assembly plant as the Mustang. My guess is that the platform is made over here and the Fusion's is made in Mexico. I imagine that they have their share of foreign parts as well as American.
I think people are just talking around the two real points:
1) Primarily, is it made or assembled by Union employees.
2) and secondarily, do the profits (when there are any) stay in America and taxed by the US Government.
Ford owns 1/3 of Mazda. Logic would say that 1/3 of the profits stay in the USA. But big business and logic don't always mix. At least the jobs stay here.

drewed

Shankman
I'm scratching my head on this one too. The Mazda is built in the same assembly plant as the Mustang. My guess is that the platform is made over here and the Fusion's is made in Mexico. I imagine that they have their share of foreign parts as well as American.

Ford owns 1/3 of Mazda. Logic would say that 1/3 of the profits stay in the USA. But big business and logic don't always mix. At least the jobs stay here.

I believe ford owns 1/3 of the mazda US operations not overall operations

MirandaSB

I agree as to using UPS over FedEx any day! I have been a long time customer, and a shorter time as an employee of DISH and I can tell you that there are many advantages of being a DISH customer rather than a DirecTV customer. However, seeing as this blog is not about bashing the other, I will just tell you about something that caught my eye. In one of the responses on here, someone said about a $5 fee that is charged for not having a phone line connected. I would tell you that you should call and talk to someone about that and what you can do to get that fee off. $5 is $5 which means it means something right! Check out DISH, they are better rated all around! (had to throw that in there!):peaceful:

I agree as to using UPS over FedEx any day! I have been a long time customer, and a shorter time as an employee of DISH and I can tell you that there are many advantages of being a DISH customer rather than a DirecTV customer. However, seeing as this blog is not about bashing the other, I will just tell you about something that caught my eye. In one of the responses on here, someone said about a $5 fee that is charged for not having a phone line connected. I would tell you that you should call and talk to someone about that and what you can do to get that fee off. $5 is $5 which means it means something right! Check out DISH, they are better rated all around! (had to throw that in there!):peaceful:
What???

hey stl
well said!! you get it,you must keep the golden goose healthy. I just wish it wasn't so nasty.

rod

Retired 22 years
I've had Direct TV since 1996 and have never had a problem with them-------------------other than getting connected to a live person (who speaks english) when you have a question----but that is the way it is with all big companies. It don't hurt to have a Dish TV sales pamphlet laying out where the service guy can see it if he has to make a trip to your house.

STLFeeder

Need LS7 powered PKG car
Switched to dish a couple years ago. Equipment has always been sent to me UPS. Basically the same service only cheaper with better customer service.