Dirty Shop Steward

S.P.O.H.R

I have multiple Lawsuits against UPS stemming from continuous harassment, discriminaton, and other issues and I have a shop steward who plays both sides. He is on the safety committee and gives management confidential info on me pertaining to my lawsuit as well as info on grievances that I plan on submitting before I do. This dual task is obviously a conflict because he gives management info on me in exchange for 1 1/2 hours of safety time each day. Recently I found out about his actions and complained to the Union president, but havent received a response. This shop steward continuously tries to persuade me not to file grievances on management and and has been doing so for 4 years now. I have stopped using him as a shop steward for over a year now and have noticed quite a difference in my meetings with managers. They are completely caught off guard now whereas before they seemed prepared for me. Can someone please advise me on how to handle this individual (rat).

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yep we have 3 stewards I trust one of them. Out of the other 2 one plays both sides as you said and asking 1000 questions each time you try to file. The other is on the safety committee and takes days off from driving to use his own personal vehicle to follow drivers and spy on them. I sure as hell don't trust a steward that does what management is paid to do.

S.P.O.H.R

Emulate the drivers that live on their knees? Id rather die on my feet! I had building manager removed after he continuously harassed and threatened me. They all cut corners, so I just sat back and waited until he falsified my employee records and altered my time card. They all do this you just have to pay close attention.

packageguy

I have multiple Lawsuits against UPS stemming from continuous harassment, discriminaton, and other issues and I have a shop steward who plays both sides. He is on the safety committee and gives management confidential info on me pertaining to my lawsuit as well as info on grievances that I plan on submitting before I do. This dual task is obviously a conflict because he gives management info on me in exchange for 1 1/2 hours of safety time each day. Recently I found out about his actions and complained to the Union president, but havent received a response. This shop steward continuously tries to persuade me not to file grievances on management and and has been doing so for 4 years now. I have stopped using him as a shop steward for over a year now and have noticed quite a difference in my meetings with managers. They are completely caught off guard now whereas before they seemed prepared for me. Can someone please advise me on how to handle this individual (rat).

your making a serious claim here, you should have all the drivers know what's going on. union should be advised. You can vote out with 51% of drivers. he should not be a steward,

What'dyabringmetoday???

Emulate the drivers that live on their knees? Id rather die on my feet! I had building manager removed after he continuously harassed and threatened me. They all cut corners, so I just sat back and waited until he falsified my employee records and altered my time card. They all do this you just have to pay close attention.
You can be anybody you want to be on the internet. In this case, I believe you are being a bull**** artist. Of course, this is an opinion. But really, why would details of a supposed lawsuit be divulged to a steward? Just sayin'...

S.P.O.H.R

Details of a ongoing lawsuit were divulged to a steward because he is one of my witnesses on several instances where the contract and the law were violated/broken. This is why it is a major issue. You obviously haven't dealt with management in the same manner in which I have or do. Do you realize that every time management shuttles late air to drivers after commit time it shows up as SF (service failure) on everyones employee records. Falsifying?? Of course! UPS claims its done automatically and therefore you have to accept it. I don't think so!

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
A. Learn the quote feature. B. Good luck filing a lawsuit against the company for shuttling late air. This is just a job. Move on if you can't handle it.

jaker

trolling
I swear why can't people be dicks to someone If was me I would go to him with a big o lie make him run to the sups do all they can do to stop you and never push it or say I forgot you do that a few times he will stop believing in you Embarrassing someone goes a long way

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I swear why can't people be dicks to someone If was me I would go to him with a big o lie make him run to the sups do all they can do to stop you and never push it or say I forgot you do that a few times he will stop believing in you Embarrassing someone goes a long way

rocketman?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Sometimes I feel like BC is an episode of MASH, humor abounds around an underlying event that is real and serious but never really discussed.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I don't know what you mean

rocketman has a style of posting where words and thoughts are run together with little punctuation and seemingly non-structured punctuation highlighted by deliberate misuse of homonyms and frequent misspellings.
It is not a slam or slander but a style.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Sometimes I feel like BC is an episode of MASH, humor abounds around an underlying event that is real and serious but never really discussed.

That's the main reason I come back ... it is rather entertaining and quite amusing.
I think I have learned more about human nature on here than I have working at UPS for almost 40 years.
It is more primal, even primeval at times, and more honest than the real world (except for Current Events).
It also reenforces the futility of changing big things, so one tends to develop a sardonic response to the insidious evil of these banal discussions.
It is what it is.

jaker

trolling
rocketman has a style of posting where words and thoughts are run together with little punctuation and seemingly non-structured punctuation highlighted by deliberate misuse of homonyms and frequent misspellings.It is not a slam or slander but a style.
See that where you messed up , i broke it all up but when I posted it got run all together and I really didn't give a rat :censored2: to fix it I don't know whats going on with BC but I had to turn off java just to get on the site , so I don't know If doing that made a difference but thanks for pointing it out and calling me some else

Last edited:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
See that where you messed up , i broke it all up but when I posted it got run all together and I really didn't give a rat :censored2: to fix it I don't know whats going on with BC but I had to turn off java just to get on the site , so I don't know If doing that made a difference but thanks for pointing it out and calling me some else

What platform and OS are you on?
Cheryl should know about this.