Discharge Letters Flying Like Confetti

A

anonymous6

Welcome to the new UPS. Discharge letters are flying like confetti in our feeder dept.

every driver who gets in an accident gets a dischrge letter. no progressives anymore.

7 drivers have been fired here in the last 2 weeks. ( I mean discharged )

What is going On????????

Glad i am a short timer with less than 6 months to go. You can have and enjoy this BS.

Is this Nationwide ?

A

anonymous6

everyone who replies to this thread will be fired by our center manager.

klein

Für Meno :)
I told that when I first joined BC, that they have a firing squad out there.

But, no one seems to have seen it.

Just can't believe it's still happening before xmas (peak).

Wait till January, if peak is slower then normal.

A

anonymous6

I told that when I first joined BC, that they have a firing squad out there.

But, no one seems to have seen it.

Just can't believe it's still happening before xmas (peak).

Wait till January, if peak is slower then normal.

aren't you already fired?

I fire you again.

klein

Oh, I been told last week my sup misses me.
But, it wasn't up to him, ofcourse.
Was the new center manager.

Even told the co-worker, I would come back, if he talked to center manager , but ...
even then, he told me : Why would you wanna do that, - you already have your foot in the door with the Post Office !
And, he is darn dead on right there.

You can believe what you want to.
I alone, know how I worked.
And, still to this day, it can't be replicated.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Don't ever think you can't be replaced....that your work can't be replicated......It's like never saying never.

klein

Don't ever think you can't be replaced....that your work can't be replicated......It's like never saying never.

I did say, (quote) : To this day !

Everyone can be replaced, even the president.
And everyones center manager, ofcourse.

Thats the good part of it all. :)

klein

I hate to openly admit to this,
but I bet he is sooner or later on a hitlist.

Sad, but true.
And, trust me, I don't want that to happen.
But, you just never know.

Forgive me for saying so, it wouldn't be the first attack on the president, though.

Sorry, again.
Because, I really don't want to think that way.

Thumbster

I have 20 good years with UPS. I love UPS and my customers. It seems many members of this forum love UPS as well, just disagree with the way it is sometimes run. I often "troll" this forum in order to stay abreast of changes and to stay better informed about my company, considering both the labor and management points of view. (Management at my center doesn't always have the time to keep us as informed as we would like). Recently, I received a discharge letter stating that I was observed committing an act of theft. I'm not going to get into the details, but the bottom line is that I did nothing dishonest and violated no company policy regardless of how the facts are interpreted. I don't "brown nose" the boss but I'm not a hard core "anti-management" kind of guy either. I am completely baffled by the company's actions against me. I take a little solace in the fact that I am one of many to be treated this way. I know in my heart that it's a scare tactic and I will probably get my job back. I would just like to say that even if you work according to the methods, satisfy all of your customers, and meet all of your supervisors expectations, you are not safe from this. It is happening here as well (West coast) and I would just like to say that my heart truly goes out to all of you that have to deal with this... it sucks! Be careful! That being said, I have to go get ready for panel. Over the past year, I have looked to BC to get advice and information about how to be a better employee and be a better part of a team to make UPS successful. Thanks to all of you for all of your input and advice.

D

Dis-organized Labor

I have 20 good years with UPS. I love UPS and my customers. It seems many members of this forum love UPS as well, just disagree with the way it is sometimes run. I often "troll" this forum in order to stay abreast of changes and to stay better informed about my company, considering both the labor and management points of view. (Management at my center doesn't always have the time to keep us as informed as we would like). Recently, I received a discharge letter stating that I was observed committing an act of theft. I'm not going to get into the details, but the bottom line is that I did nothing dishonest and violated no company policy regardless of how the facts are interpreted. I don't "brown nose" the boss but I'm not a hard core "anti-management" kind of guy either. I am completely baffled by the company's actions against me. I take a little solace in the fact that I am one of many to be treated this way. I know in my heart that it's a scare tactic and I will probably get my job back. I would just like to say that even if you work according to the methods, satisfy all of your customers, and meet all of your supervisors expectations, you are not safe from this. It is happening here as well (West coast) and I would just like to say that my heart truly goes out to all of you that have to deal with this... it sucks! Be careful! That being said, I have to go get ready for panel. Over the past year, I have looked to BC to get advice and information about how to be a better employee and be a better part of a team to make UPS successful. Thanks to all of you for all of your input and advice.

Here's where you went wrong

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Recently, I received a discharge letter stating that I was observed committing an act of theft. I'm not going to get into the details, but the bottom line is that I did nothing dishonest and violated no company policy regardless of how the facts are interpreted.
The devil is in the details.

Been the target that way once myself. Bad feeling to know you did nothing wrong, and instead of the company proving you did wrong, you find yourself trying to prove your innocence.

My advice, keep your nose clean, your ass cleaner, and work by the methods. Be kind but brief to your customers, and coworkers, punch out and go home. Put in your time and retire when available to do so.

At one time UPS valued its employees for their work ethic and brains. Not so much anymore.

Good luck, and if you need help, sometimes more than one set of eyes can help.

One other thing. Since UPS signed on Manheim, that should give Feeder drivers ample job opportunities at UPS.
d

Last edited:

Thumbster

Thanks dannyboy... and to "dis-organized" I would like to say that in addition to some of the more light hearted and superfluous postings on this site, there is a TON of good advice from both management and labor members who have a great amount of experience and care a lot about our company. One just has to sort through and find it...

In keeping with the original post.... YES, discharge letters are in fact "flying like confetti" and the progressive discipline process is being circumvented for no logical reasons. I was very alarmed by this even before I got "targeted" and did my very best to avoid the situation in which I currently find myself. I will continue to look to the other honest and hard working members of this forum who contribute observations and advice as I do find that information useful.... I do appreciate it.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Good for you.

Keep up the chin, make sure they see you walking tall, both ways.

One thing I have learned. Life after brown is different in many ways. Not really all that hard, but different. Life does not end the last day you wear your uniform.

d

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Be careful! That being said, I have to go get ready for panel. Over the past year, I have looked to BC to get advice and information about how to be a better employee and be a better part of a team to make UPS successful. Thanks to all of you for all of your input and advice.
Here's where you went wrong

Good point ... never trust anybody that hides their real identity or me. :wink2:

I hate to openly admit to this,
but I bet he is sooner or later on a hitlist.

Sad, but true.
And, trust me, I don't want that to happen.
But, you just never know.

Forgive me for saying so, it wouldn't be the first attack on the president, though.

Sorry, again.
Because, I really don't want to think that way.

You do know that putting those two words together will get the attention of the FBI or worse. That knocking on your door will be some nice Americans to spirit you off to some exotic local to relieve you of a finger or two. Cause,thats how us Americans like to do it.:happy2: