Discharged for Article 50

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Ridiculous Management!

Gather together some fellow teamster independent-witnesses *cough-cough* ;) who "saw" a supervisor dishonestly set you up for this, and file a lawsuit!

Hear hear!
Those management bullies will certainly back down once they realize you mean business!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I'm not sure I would want to be hiring a lawyer on my own dime when (a) I'm not earning any money and (b) I'm going up against a huge company with deep pockets who could afford to drag things on for months or more until I'm broke.

Your not looking at this correctly .
No center mgr is going to take the time & trouble to let any case get to the courtroom status.
The case would be between the center & the employee , not the corporation .
They will settle , and quickly too

Legal decisions of that nature are made at a much higher level than a lowly Center Manager.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Bingo.

The one I delivering in today had a home invasion over the week end and a murder two weeks ago. I probably got 25 send against today.
Any time I start bitching about my route I stop and go "but I guess it could be a lot worse".

menotyou

bella amicizia
Yeah I remember you saying that. It's like they are playing the lottery, fired just in case and guilty until proven innocent.
I had graduated to the status of having the DM of Labor come to visit when I had issues. Made it much nicer, cuz it eliminated a lot of BS. We got along well. It backfired because it was suppose to scare me. Bwhahahahah, bitches!!!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I had graduated to the status of having the DM of Labor come to visit when I had issues. Made it much nicer, cuz it eliminated a lot of BS. We got along well. It backfired because it was suppose to scare me. Bwhahahahah, bitches!!!

You just get more sexy when your pissed...

I'm not sure I would want to be hiring a lawyer on my own dime when (a) I'm not earning any money and (b) I'm going up against a huge company with deep pockets who could afford to drag things on for months or more until I'm broke.
Plus you have to exhaust the grievance procedure before you can go through a lawyer.

That is dependent upon the circumstances, or perceived circumstances.
I'm talking for a discharge. You have to go through the collective bargaining agreement (grievance procedure) before you go down that road. It also helps to have filed some kind of harassment (article37) as well and to take it through the grievance procedure.

brown_trousers

I'm talking for a discharge. You have to go through the collective bargaining agreement (grievance procedure) before you go down that road. It also helps to have filed some kind of harassment (article37) as well and to take it through the grievance procedure.

Are you sure? Is there any contract language preventing going down both roads at the same time (grievance and lawsuit)? Im curious, where in our contract would this be found?