Discharged Today

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Ace518, Nov 10, 2015.

1. User378954

User378954 New Member

Deleted.

Lasted edited by : Nov 17, 2015
  2. User378954

User378954 New Member

3. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

Sounds like a scare tactic towards all of the employees in your building. I wouldn't take it personally, and would sit it out, with back pay.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. User378954

User378954 New Member

It absolutely is a scare tactic but I just want to make sure I get my job back im not even concerned about the pay at this point.

5. browntroll

browntroll Active Member

not sure how they are gonna prove you said what the security reported you said, in my hub we have cameras
    but none of them are allowed to record audio. i have never heard of anyone getting fired for getting into it with
    the security since they are contracted through agency and not direct employees.

6. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

Your steward, B.A. or otw rep will be able to help you better "make sure". :O

If you aren't concerned about back pay, then you were probably in the wrong.

7. User378954

User378954 New Member

No im not worried about it because I need the job for more important reasons not my 20hr paycheck at the moment

8. alwaysRTS

alwaysRTS Shop Steward

Sounds like you'll be getting your job back. Make sure you get your daily guaranteed pay for the day you were sent home.

9. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Trying to sneak the phone inside isn't going to look good for you but you'll get your job back.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

You sound like an idiot who does not respect authority.

Perhaps a few unpaid days sitting at home will change your attitude.

• Winner x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Optimistic x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Derail x 1
    • List
  11. upschuck

upschuck Avatar bet gone wrong

So, do you really have a peanut allergy? A EpiPen is much more effective than a cell phone in case of a reaction.

Second thought, don't answer that question.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  12. HEFFERNAN

HEFFERNAN Huge Member

1) You are told not to bring a cell phone into the building
    2) You do anyways
    3) You try to sneak cell phone into building inside your boot
    4) They find it once, and now you're mad because they keep asking you to take off your boot
    5) Now you want us to feel bad that you're in trouble because you argued with security ??

How 'bout following rules for once !! The rule is there because people in your position have stolen phones before.
    If you can't follow a simple order, do you really think you'll follow rules when you become a driver !!!!!

You can live without your cell phone for 4 hours. If you have a peanut allergy :rolleyes2:, they'll call you an ambulance !!!!!!!

[​IMG]

• Like x 13
    • Agree x 5
    • Disagree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • List
    Lasted edited by : Nov 17, 2015
  13. clean hairy

clean hairy Well-Known Member

I wonder how many other times he did not feel like following the rules and wanted to argue about it instead?
    Might be they finally had enough and wanted him out!

14. Good riddance.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  15. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

I need my phone at work....because of my peanut allergy??? Lmao that may be the dumbest excuse I ever heard!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  16. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

So you were told to not bring your phone in. Why would you try to sneak it in? Did you straight up lie to a ups sup when he asked...do you have your phone? I'm thinking....yep you lied...and then they found it in your boot. You were fired for dishonesty....if you'll sneak prohibited items into the building....what's to say you won't sneak things out?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  17. MendozaJ

MendozaJ Active Member

Failure to follow simple instructions. A normal person inquires how to make an exception to this "implied" policy immediately upon notification if that person feels a medical emergency required it. Instead, you became argumentative (daily), sneaky, and combative. You are a dishonest and volatile individual that gives the union a bad name. I hope you lose.

18. retiredTxfeeder

retiredTxfeeder cap'n crunch

UPS installed a bank of lockers right outside our guard shack, under cover. If you had something you just couldn't do without, bring your own lock, lock it up and then get it on your way out. I notice they hardly get used, however.

19. FrigidFTSup

FrigidFTSup Resident Suit

That's weird. My doctor prescribed me an epi pen for my peanut allergy. How do I get the app on my phone?

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  20. User378954

User378954 New Member

Thanks everyone for all your kind words and help