Discharged Today

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Thanks everyone for all your kind words and help

The problem with ups is all the different rules they got for different places. You said other people had their cell phone so the rule should apply to them as well. It is the same for misloads and driver times and everything. Nothing is consistent.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
1) You are told not to bring a cell phone into the building
2) You do anyways
3) You try to sneak cell phone into building inside your boot
4) They find it once, and now you're mad because they keep asking you to take off your boot
5) Now you want us to feel bad that you're in trouble because you argued with security ??

How 'bout following rules for once !! The rule is there because people in your position have stolen phones before.
If you can't follow a simple order, do you really think you'll follow rules when you become a driver !!!!!

You can live without your cell phone for 4 hours. If you have a peanut allergy :rolleyes2:, they'll call you an ambulance !!!!!!!

giphy.gif
ol fashioned tough love. i love that.

ski or die

Ski or Die
I wouldn't worry too much about the discharge. If other Part time employees are bringing cell phones in, it would be a case for harassment that they are singling you out. Really didn't help much to hide it in your boot though. Still, discharge was for swearing, how many times has someone in the hub get upset and said a curse word. Sure would be a large turnover rate.

barnyard

KTM rider
I think that I would be concerned. You were told specifically not to bring in a phine and then you tried to sneak one in. Sounds like they should have fired you for that instead of swearing. You will probably get your job back, but I am thinking that there will be another firing in your future.

Clean up your act or they will find something that will stick.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
1) You are told not to bring a cell phone into the building
2) You do anyways
3) You try to sneak cell phone into building inside your boot
4) They find it once, and now you're mad because they keep asking you to take off your boot
5) Now you want us to feel bad that you're in trouble because you argued with security ??

How 'bout following rules for once !! The rule is there because people in your position have stolen phones before.
If you can't follow a simple order, do you really think you'll follow rules when you become a driver !!!!!

You can live without your cell phone for 4 hours. If you have a peanut allergy :rolleyes2:, they'll call you an ambulance !!!!!!!

giphy.gif

This right here.

Also I would be worried, if your version of the story is correct, they might be able to make dishonesty stick by the mere fact you left and re entered with the phone concealed while lying about it.

You might be done. Depending on your BA, he might not have a point against this.

iamupser

Grease Monkey
Sounds like you asked for a "reasonable accommodation". The EEOC might be interested in hearing from you since UPS dismissed you pretty much immediately after you asked without providing a process to proceed with said request.

Just saying, if you don't get your job back that is an avenue to look at.

Make sure you have ICE in your contacts!

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
It absolutely is a scare tactic but I just want to make sure I get my job back im not even concerned about the pay at this point.
If you had been slightly concerned about your job, you would've followed the rules. You have an allergy...so do lots of employees. Why does that make you above UPS policy? And if you thought that LP was going to provide you with an exemption to the phone rule...why would you show up to work the next day and try to sneak your phone in? I smell BS.