Discharged Today

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
How are you going to dial 911 when your fingers are as fat as sausages ?
The bigger issue would be his tongue swelling up. If he had a serious enough reaction to require emergency care he would have an Epipen.

I get people lie to gain sympathy. But at least make them believable.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Ok you people can think what you want i was singled out and pushed back. I understand I shouldnt of hid it in my boot but I didnt know it was such a horrible thing to want your cell phone on you at work, not using it just on me. My main reason was because it was unfair FT could have it and would be on them talking on the phone while picking but PT could not even have it. Besides all of this I was fired for allegedly swearing at the guards when I didnt.
You know why they singled you out? Because you were sneaking things into the building. What was to say you weren't sneaking things out?

You think you're so special, it's time to realize you aren't.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
How come we never heard of peanut allergies back in they day?

I can't remember where I heard it--news report, science podcast, somewhere--but it said researchers or scientists believe our obsession with sanitizers, and keeping kids as germ free as possible has had unintended consequences with diseases and allergies. We are meant to get bacteria on us so we can build up immunity to a lot of diseases. Kids are meant to get dirty, not covered in Purell. It makes sense. They say kids delivered by C-section tend to get sicker than traditional births because of the bacteria in the birth canal that gets passed from the mother to child.

I'm 49 and never heard of peanut allergies until 20 to 30 years ago. The warnings on food labels are about the same age--maybe younger. My guess is our peanut boy had a Mom who was afraid to let him play with others and in the dirt. Now the poor bastard doesn't know the joy of a PB&J. What a shame...

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Browncafe should explain in it's header that termination threads should be posted at your own risk and that anyone seeking help should also have a winning lottery ticket. Because getting a straight answer in these forum is going to need unbelievable luck.

Every single termination thread is the same. Someone got fired, doesn't seem to know how the union process works, comes on here looking for an answer, and gets the firing line. Do these sound familiar: "You're not telling the whole story", "You're lying", "You deserved it", "You'll never get your job back", "Call your stewart". Yes, an alarming number of people here spell it that way.

Sad but true, the advice you get here must be taken with a mine of salt. Half of the time, you would think this was a management forum, judging from the judging. But then, what would the internet be without the army of paper soldiers?

So, fwiw, original poster, you'll get your job back. But remember UPS has a lot of "rules". If they have a sign posted that says no cell phones, you should leave your phone in the car, because if they couldn't enforce that rule, the union would have already fought it. So what if someone else had a cell phone inside? I hate to break it to you, but that isn't an argument you're ever going to win. And arguing with the guards isn't going to do you any good. Security guard work attracts a two types of people: people who could care less about that job, or people who take that job EXTREMELY serious. Don't give them anything to do.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
How come we never heard of peanut allergies back in they day?
I got hives everytime Lucy pulled the ball away from Charlie Brown.
upload_2015-11-11_15-17-24.jpeg

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
No not really. I broke my foot one year and was out for weeks. The idoit supervisors didn't believe I broke it and made me walk from my area all the way up to the office. Then I had to deal with the other idiot the district guy you was folding my shoes back and forth telling me I should have steel toed boots. Which the idiot didn't know they were steel toed boots but regardless we don't have to have anyway. Supervisors aren't trained in nothing medical nor know anything medical. All they know is to deny deny and blame blame.

Jkloc420

Yell we had a ups driver die in his car from crones disease and the supervisors didn't even care.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
No not really. I broke my foot one year and was out for weeks. The idoit supervisors didn't believe I broke it and made me walk from my area all the way up to the office. Then I had to deal with the other idiot the district guy you was folding my shoes back and forth telling me I should have steel toed boots. Which the idiot didn't know they were steel toed boots but regardless we don't have to have anyway. Supervisors aren't trained in nothing medical nor know anything medical. All they know is to deny deny and blame blame.
Right, because a broken foot is roughly comparable to anaphylactic shock.
Yell we had a ups driver die in his car from crones disease and the supervisors didn't even care.
I'm sure.

Jkloc420

Right, because a broken foot is roughly comparable to anaphylactic shock.

I'm sure.

Your right the two aren't comparable, I am just making the point to illustrate that supervisors aren't qualified to make medical decisions. The guy who died of crohn's disease I didn't believe at first until I heard the story. They wouldn't let him drop his load and they found him dead behind some store he was suppose to deliver to. Then they told all the drivers to shut up and not talk about it or they would be fired.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I wouldn't worry too much about the discharge. If other Part time employees are bringing cell phones in, it would be a case for harassment that they are singling you out. Really didn't help much to hide it in your boot though. Still, discharge was for swearing, how many times has someone in the hub get upset and said a curse word. Sure would be a large turnover rate.

They tried that already. Fired an employee for swearing. The company lost.

The decision at the Ohio State Panel was that we work for a trucking company. Employees cannot be disciplined for swearing.

But there is a difference between swearing during a conversation and swearing at a sup.

It is OK to tell your sup that this m***** friend*ing package fell on my foot and it hurt like hell.

It is not OK to call your sup a m**** friend

The later is a disciplinary offense.

ski or die

Ski or Die
When I worked in the hub loading outbound trailers, a wood flap separating the two floors was not secure and fell while I was loading the bottom of the trailer hitting me on the head. Supervisor said take 2 aspirins and continue to work. 4 aspirins later and still a very strong headache, they would not take me to the clinic. Next nite, I called in sick. Felt much better after a couple of days.

ski or die

Ski or Die
They tried that already. Fired an employee for swearing. The company lost.

The decision at the Ohio State Panel was that we work for a trucking company. Employees cannot be disciplined for swearing.

But there is a difference between swearing during a conversation and swearing at a sup.

It is OK to tell your sup that this m***** friend*ing package fell on my foot and it hurt like hell.

It is not OK to call your sup a m**** friend

The later is a disciplinary offense.
As I stated in previous post, supposedly said something inappropriate to guard in security, not management. Also, if they are going to terminate for this offense, then management should held to the same standards.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

Supervisors are not trained for any medical issues. And that is not a requirement.

All building have first aid kits. These are self service kits only.

Management is only responsible to either call you a paramedic or drive you to a hospital. Nothing more.