Discharged Today

FilingBluesFL

I once told an office of On-Roads "Go friend yourselves!" I did not abbreviate the friend word, but said it angrily. They were laughing at me for a slight medical issue I was having at the time.

They wrote me up for it. Stating unprofessional behavior, and saying I need to talk to supervisors and employees with respect and dignity...

Two days later, a supervisor is walking out of an office in front of a bunch of employee's, turns around, and proudly proclaims "Go friend yourself!" I immediately grabbed a steward, and got statements from each and every employee that heard the dude say that. He see's what I'm doing, and he's just smiling like he won the lottery, and starts asking, "What, what's going on here? Why are you getting statements?"

Needless to say, the discipline was thrown out.

werenotthepostoffice

deep down inside I really do not care
Way back when I was a PT,I was told by a few different stewards"sometimes a sup needs a good cussin" I followed that advice a few times,I got a steward and cussed out two or three PT sups and 3 FT sups. Everyone of the sups quit nit picking me and those "nuisance things" they are always asking you to sign,the one's you hand back and say "no thanks" all magically disappear.

Nike

Ive ran into trouble bringing a phone into a UPS building before dont take it personally op. For a company that wants to promote technology at every turn i find it odd its paranoia about brought in cell phones but those are the rules.

Find a legitimate reason to have one and you should be fine.

blkmamba

No not really. I broke my foot one year and was out for weeks. The idoit supervisors didn't believe I broke it and made me walk from my area all the way up to the office. Then I had to deal with the other idiot the district guy you was folding my shoes back and forth telling me I should have steel toed boots. Which the idiot didn't know they were steel toed boots but regardless we don't have to have anyway. Supervisors aren't trained in nothing medical nor know anything medical. All they know is to deny deny and blame blame.
I don't believe you. You either took off your shoe or had a supervising moving your foot around checking your boots. Either one would cause a significant amount of pain. You said it yourself, they aren't medically trained why would you let them examine your foot and/or shoe as indicated in your post? They cannot deny you medical attention, if they did you could have easily had a lawsuit.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Way back when I was a PT,I was told by a few different stewards"sometimes a sup needs a good cussin" I followed that advice a few times,I got a steward and cussed out two or three PT sups and 3 FT sups. Everyone of the sups quit nit picking me and those "nuisance things" they are always asking you to sign,the one's you hand back and say "no thanks" all magically disappear.
You sound like a real piece of work.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Ive ran into trouble bringing a phone into a UPS building before dont take it personally op. For a company that wants to promote technology at every turn i find it odd its paranoia about brought in cell phones but those are the rules.

Find a legitimate reason to have one and you should be fine.

Please name at least one legitimate reason why you would need to have your cell phone with you while you are supposed to be WORKING.

I'll wait.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I don't believe you. You either took off your shoe or had a supervising moving your foot around checking your boots. Either one would cause a significant amount of pain. You said it yourself, they aren't medically trained why would you let them examine your foot and/or shoe as indicated in your post? They cannot deny you medical attention, if they did you could have easily had a lawsuit.

They didn't examine my foot. I had to take my shoe off because my foot was swelling up. The district manager guy was the one checking my shoes to see if they were steeled toed. Not the part time supervisors. Nor the full time supervisors. The part timer supe is the one who took me to the doctors and had to sit there with me.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
You use your phone to call.

But if your hub bans phones, you need to go through the proper channels to get an exception. You do not just hide it in your boot.

If you had talked to your sup about your peanut allergy and the need to have your cell phone, I am sure he would have worked with you until you got the paper work filled out for the medically necessary cell phone.

And I agree that even if you have an allergic reaction that requires you to use your epi-pen, you still need to go to the hospital right away.

Anyone can say they are allergic to peanuts and need a cell phone. UPS may need a note from your doctor, and then they should authorize you to carry your cell phone.

Saying that you need your cell phone in case your family needs to contact you is not reason enough to trump UPS policy. A peanut allergy is.

That is the only part I don't understand. We don't have a cell phone ban at are hub. Were allowed to bring it in and sometimes we have to call the supervisors to bring stuff we need. Now that don't mean we can abuse the privilege and be on are phone while were working. If you have young kids trust me you want your phone by you or on you. Now I don't know about this guys hub, maybe they have a theft problem, I don't know. However it is like I said UPS isn't consistent with their procedures.