Discipline and ORION ?

newfie

Because I take that "management doing hourly work is theft" stuff seriously.

I fully understand that you do. the filing of a grievance for performing union work is a right that must be protected. However I would think her touching a single package for auditing purposes or otherwise as part of the ride is perfectly within her right. As long as she does not advance its progress?

I therefore find myself wondering if that required you acting like an ass towards the young lady who had the honor of riding with you that day? I suppose its possible she may have jumped you and beat your but if you didn't show her what a tough guy you were , but I think you were probably safe? Short of the possible threat of physical violence was there some other reason you felt the need to threaten her? working in a small building where everyone just tries to get along and take care of the customer its always fascinating to learn of these more barbaric forms of work relations and tribal warfare that you tough guys engage in.

newfie

how is that acting like an ass?

do you know the "young lady"?

if I did then I may not have to ask the question. I see your attitude in some of the people i come across. they like to create confrontational situations even when conditions do not require them to do so. While you did so against what I guess is a supervisor (?) people of your temperament are not inclined to reserve that treatment for authority figures and will also unleash it on their co-workers. So in this case I was trying to determine whether you were one of those hard to get along people or whether you felt you were provoked by the young lady. what did the young lady do to you that required your threatening her and deciding you were not going to cooperate. thanks

wayfair

swollen member
if I did then I may not have to ask the question. I see your attitude in some of the people i come across. they like to create confrontational situations even when conditions do not require them to do so. While you did so against what I guess is a supervisor (?) people of your temperament are not inclined to reserve that treatment for authority figures and will also unleash it on their co-workers. So in this case I was trying to determine whether you were one of those hard to get along people or whether you felt you were provoked by the young lady. what did the young lady do to you that required your threatening her and deciding you were not going to cooperate. thanks

Don't know what attitude you're talking about. S&V ride is an observation ride. I tend to get along with all of my on-car's so I don't have any problems with authority figures...lol.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I'm on vacation, and heard from a co-worker that the guy who did my route followed ORION 95% one day last week. He worked 14 hours, ran 209 miles, had 5 missed business stops, and almost ran out of gas. I follow it between 50 and 60% and on a heavy day I run 170 with perfect pickup compliance and zero service failures. I know I shouldnt care, but its nice to be validated once in awhile.

oldngray

nowhere special
I'm on vacation, and heard from a co-worker that the guy who did my route followed ORION 95% one day last week. He worked 14 hours, ran 209 miles, had 5 missed business stops, and almost ran out of gas. I follow it between 50 and 60% and on a heavy day I run 170 with perfect pickup compliance and zero service failures. I know I shouldnt care, but its nice to be validated once in awhile.

Think maybe you will get a dog biscuit for it when you go back to work?

Tough Guy

I would think any regular driver would be better at their route than a fill in driver. In most cases that is.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
I already know that I will not like ORION. After 32 years, the only part of this job that I still enjoy, is putting the puzzle together every day.

I have no interest in being a Stepford driver; hopefully I'll be retired prior to implementation here.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I would think any regular driver would be better at their route than a fill in driver. In most cases that is.
Im not that much better. The difference had little to do with ability and everything to do with my replacement following ORION.

werenotthepostoffice

deep down inside I really do not care
I fully understand that you do. the filing of a grievance for performing union work is a right that must be protected. However I would think her touching a single package for auditing purposes or otherwise as part of the ride is perfectly within her right. As long as she does not advance its progress?

I therefore find myself wondering if that required you acting like an ass towards the young lady who had the honor of riding with you that day? I suppose its possible she may have jumped you and beat your but if you didn't show her what a tough guy you were , but I think you were probably safe? Short of the possible threat of physical violence was there some other reason you felt the need to threaten her? working in a small building where everyone just tries to get along and take care of the customer its always fascinating to learn of these more barbaric forms of work relations and tribal warfare that you tough guys engage in.
I do NOT threaten people in any means.I made my position very clear,and in a nice voice,that I do NOT tolerate management performing any duties specified as "hourly" functions. That said how you view management is up to the individuals,myself,I do not trust them.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
You do know Orion recently won a award..get with it man