Discipline for not knowing the dumb questions (depth of knowledge)

article22

Banned
Just curious to see if any other areas have tried to give out discipline for not knowing the 10 point commentary, seeing habits, yard control , etc...
I come from the good old days when u only had to know "all good kids like milk"!!!
I havent been in school in years and i am not about to sit home and study pages of bs !!
I still get my safe driving award every year without knowing this bs!!

laffter

Just curious to see if any other areas have tried to give out discipline for not knowing the 10 point commentary, seeing habits, yard control , etc...
I come from the good old days when u only had to know "all good kids like milk"!!!
I havent been in school in years and i am not about to sit home and study pages of bs !!
I still get my safe driving award every year without knowing this bs!!

Did you receive a warning for such? Based on my reading from this forum, you could probably grieve it stating that you were not given adequate on-the-clock time to study this information. UPS cannot assign you homework.

CAFAL

Our safety committee is at work 30 mins before start time. Everyone has the opportunity to come in and get o.t. I do know where I am,if you have an accident and don't know the d.o.k. you're screwed. I practice them as I'm driving in. Not really that hard to remember.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Find a satellite route and they could care less if you know their safety questions. During my last three safety rides my on car didn't even ask me if I knew all the safety crap. He said I would never be audited because I'm too far from the building. Guess they are just teaching to the test.

upsman2940

Decipline for not knowing the dumb questions (depth of knowledge)

I think it's crap to have to know it word for word. You can tell who uses what they preach and who doesn't! I have found that most of the ones that know it word for word, have no idea how to use it! All our worm burners are on the safety committee, running 1.25 under. Who's being safe?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Our safety committee is at work 30 mins before start time. Everyone has the opportunity to come in and get o.t. I do know where I am,if you have an accident and don't know the d.o.k. you're screwed. I practice them as I'm driving in. Not really that hard to remember.

Do you know Dave?

CAFAL

Do you know Dave?

I know him from on here. His center manager used to be an on car in my center years ago. I just speak how it is here. I've found it easier to learn the questions and apply them on the road. My route runs different everyday and I work safe,take my breaks and scratch. Here if you have an accident, the first thing they do is ask you the questions. They have suspended and written people up for not knowing and the union does nothing. Much easier avoiding all of it. Imo

menotyou

bella amicizia
I know him from on here. His center manager used to be an on car in my center years ago. I just speak how it is here. I've found it easier to learn the questions and apply them on the road. My route runs different everyday and I work safe,take my breaks and scratch. Here if you have an accident, the first thing they do is ask you the questions. They have suspended and written people up for not knowing and the union does nothing. Much easier avoiding all of it. Imo
If you have the same BA, yes it is easier. But, I've never done anything the easy way. :winks:

UPSGUY72

Last week one of the hourly safety committee members asked me before my shift started if I would answer some hazmat questions. I told him no I wasn't punch in and I need 24 hour notice if my start time is changing he wasn't happy and went and told one of my SUP's. The Sup didn't kind of just shrugged his shoulders.

Everyone knows I know the dribble word for word. When they do internal audit they don't ask me anymore. I just don't think hourly people should be asking and grading hourly people on anything.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I remember when they actually cared enough to give us monthly tests. Not everyone has the best of recollections. If you repeat things enough, they will sink in. If you keep repeating, they will never forget. If these audits are so important, they should train you regularly, not just once or expect you to do 'homework'.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

I know some of it, sometimes.
I also manage to work safe, take my breaks and run an hour plus over.
If I have an accident, they will throw the book at me no matter what.
The book is the contract.
They won't suspend me for not knowing the DOK.
Why???
Because the company knows I won't accept it and that I will grieve it.
They know I won't lose a dime either way.
I too have seen guys suspended for similar infractions and you are right, the Union did nothing.
The Union couldn't, because the cowards accept the discipline.
DOK is not a condition of employment.

I know some of it, sometimes.
I also manage to work safe, take my breaks and run an hour plus over.
If I have an accident, they will throw the book at me no matter what.
The book is the contract.
They won't suspend me for not knowing the DOK.
Why???
Because the company knows I won't accept it and that I will grieve it.
They know I won't lose a dime either way.
I too have seen guys suspended for similar infractions and you are right, the Union did nothing.
The Union couldn't, because the cowards accept the discipline.
DOK is not a condition of employment.
this is a true statement. The DOK is not a condition of employment.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Find a satellite route and they could care less if you know their safety questions. During my last three safety rides my on car didn't even ask me if I knew all the safety crap. He said I would never be audited because I'm too far from the building. Guess they are just teaching to the test.

Exactly all they care about is their stupid audit. Been drilling us the last month or so. I'm hoping the audit is next week cause I'm on vacation.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
They have tried in the past to issue discipline and have failed in every attempt. Except when someone thought they would just give a bunch of smartass answers instead of doing their best. The Union wants every employee to be as safe as possible and believes the DOK is good training and should be learned to the best of your ability. On the clock and not necesarily word for word.

OldManAllowance

Why did'nt you just ask to start early and answer the questions...what's the BFW. We are asked to know thw questions..we are paid to answer the questions. If that's what asked of me..I do it..while on the clock. Why be so difficult and demand 24 hrs notice for an earlier start? Sounds like you were there early already...why not get paid for it.